What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil, looks like potentially rear main starting to weep.

Oil cooler and power steering lines are about due for a change as well.
They shouldn't be wet in the outside.

Rotating tires later.

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_090302847.jpg
    IMG_20230211_090302847.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230211_094212038.jpg
    IMG_20230211_094212038.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230211_094205873.jpg
    IMG_20230211_094205873.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 7

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rotating tires later.
the only thing that weeps a smidge on mine is the oil cooler lines up front where they are crimped from metal-to-rubber but I found if I just wipe them off with a rag once in a while they stay clean, I guess less oil for dust to stick on. seems to be a common place where they leak mine is so slow it's not worth the hassle. It's more of a sweat than a weep

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing that weeps a smidge on mine is the oil cooler lines up front where they are crimped from metal-to-rubber but I found if I just wipe them off with a rag once in a while they stay clean, I guess less oil for dust to stick on. seems to be a common place where they leak mine is so slow it's not worth the hassle. It's more of a sweat than a weep
Yeah, I've known those lines have been leaking for quite some time, but it never actually seen it wet like I did this time. But I've also never tried to wipe it off.

I don't intend to change it unless I end up pulling the engine or it gets really bad.

But I'm probably going to at least have the new hoses on hand ready to go just in case.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've known those lines have been leaking for quite some time, but it never actually seen it wet like I did this time. But I've also never tried to wipe it off.

I don't intend to change it unless I end up pulling the engine or it gets really bad.

But I'm probably going to at least have the new hoses on hand ready to go just in case.
mine had just been replaced with brand new ones in 2017 when I bought and they had some "sweat" on them in a fairly short period so I have just chocked it up to normal.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rotating tires later.

Wish my oil leak looked like that, mine is shameful.

Today I did all rear brakes, rotors, & parking brake shoes. Also replaced damaged/missing rear coil spring isolators while I was at it. Took me about 2hrs.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone show that putting a hose clamp on the crimped area helped eliminate the sweating or weep?

SpineDock

Reaction score
I dedicated a lot of time to some mods on my Tahoe this weekend. I replaced my low beam halogen lights with one of HID Guy's kits, plasti dipped my chrome surround on my grille, tried to repaint my front bowtie (FAIL!), replaced my interior lights with LEDs, installed my holster under my steering column, and replaced a seatbelt latch on the driver's seat. Now I'm waiting on my rear door actuators to come in as well as the billet bowties I ordered. As soon as they get here I'll get to installing them too. Long weekend but I got it done. What did you do to your Tahoe/Yukon?
Whoa whoa whoa
You’re telling me there’s a holster option for our Tahoes?!?!
That’s awesome!!
Or did you fabricate something??
Send pics!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods