What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this "dry rot" around the outside tread of my tires? All 4 tires look the same, it's only along the outer tread. The rest of the treads have life left, but the manufacture date of these tires are 2016.

We plan on taking a road trip next month. Was planning on getting new tires afterwards, but now seeing this, I might do it before hand. View attachment 371866
Yes. They all do that after a few years. The ones on the avalanche are way worse than that. Replacing them in a month or two

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid tab broke off the dash trim so I drill the hole and zip tied it to the main dash. Going to need to order some parts…
@iamdub remind me how you supported your center speaker…

Sorry, but that wasn't me. I don't have a center speaker. All I've done is epoxied two cracks on the dash- the one on the right side of the gauge cluster hump and the one at the forward left of the passenger airbag. This was years ago when those were the only two. There are more now and that front piece is even more fooked.

Reaction score
Stupid tab broke off the dash trim so I drill the hole and zip tied it to the main dash. Going to need to order some parts…
That was @Doubeleive ,I do believe, lol

I've done it also. Pop the grill off with a plastic trim tool and the speaker is mounted with screws in the corners. Remove the speaker and tape/glue/etc a thick piece of that grey/black cushion foam to the bottom to give the speaker support from underneath. Can't remember how thick, probably best to measure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pull the speaker out and look down in there it's not a flat surface under there it's angled a bit so I just cut some styrofoam to fit so it would support the bottom of the speaker and I put epoxy around the screw mounts for the speaker because they crack as well. They must have had the village idiot design the dash and then chose the cheapest vendor for the plastic. I mean it doesn't take a scientist to figure out hey this might break from bouncing around going down the road, maybe I should brace it, hell even a single stock of plastic under it would have helped.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If you pull the speaker out and look down in there it's not a flat surface under there it's angled a bit so I just cut some styrofoam to fit so it would support the bottom of the speaker and I put epoxy around the screw mounts for the speaker because they crack as well. They must have had the village idiot design the dash and then chose the cheapest vendor for the plastic. I mean it doesn't take a scientist to figure out hey this might break from bouncing around going down the road, maybe I should brace it, hell even a single stock of plastic under it would have helped.
It is the worst design! I had the speaker out but ran out of time to do any more. I will come up with something some other day. I might squirt some expanding foam into a ziplock and let it self level…
Will do a test bag first of course!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigburb3500