What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I watched a video on this method on YT last night, but it seemed like air bubbles in the tubing would get sucked back into the bleeder when you let off the brake pedal.

There is a little bit of reversion when you let off the pedal. But, there's a lot more fluid being pushed out than what may flow back. This is why you keep the hose at the bottom of the bottle and submerged in fluid. The fluid and air being pushed out of the system through the caliper travels through the hose and out into the bottle. The air immediately bubbles to the surface and into the atmosphere. It doesn't go back into the fluid in the bottle, make a bubble of itself, squeeze back into the hose and travel back into the caliper. If that's how things worked, farting in the bathtub would be really weird and possibly painful.

30 minutes? It takes me that long to get the truck on jackstands and get the wheels off, lol.

I meant after you have it up on stands, wheels off, etc. It'll be at that point during a full brake job and that's when you bleed them. I'm guessing the Motive makes it a 15 minute job. It usually takes me right at 30 minutes doing it the way I described.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey now, we all buy cool tools that we use once every blue moon, nothing wrong with it. I understand you have your method but every time I’ve bled brakes, it was a hassle. I don’t like a hassle. I like simple and for me, that is a pressure bleeder. It’s already paid for itself in my mind, just keeping me sane and calm while I did both trucks. And knowing that I can and will flush my brakes every couple years because it’s easy and not a hassle makes it pay for itself over and over because honestly, if it weren’t for the Motive, I’d dread that chore so much that I probably wouldn’t do it.

As I said, I'm not against such specific equipment. I certainly see the benefit. I just stated my personal method and reasons. I tend to be thrifty and am fine with a little more labor to keep $60 in my pocket rather than taking up shelf space.

Life altering? Come on man you’re killin me! Exactly what tool is life altering except maybe a pacemaker? :lol2:

I meant the task of bleeding brakes taking 15 minutes longer, and the fact that the task is only performed every few years. I, personally, won't even think of the 15 minutes I could've saved. I'm also one of those that makes an oil change take hours.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said, I'm not against such specific equipment. I certainly see the benefit. I just stated my personal method and reasons. I tend to be thrifty and am fine with a little more labor to keep $60 in my pocket rather than taking up shelf space.

I meant the task of bleeding brakes taking 15 minutes longer, and the fact that the task is only performed every few years. I, personally, won't even think of the 15 minutes I could've saved. I'm also one of those that makes an oil change take hours.
It’s not the time saved at all. It’s the hassle and to me always a questionable job being done. At least when I did it, thst is. I’m not saying the method you use is questionable, it just makes me feel it is. And it’s a hassle at least to me, which is always a stumbling block in my mind. If I feel something is a hassle, it keeps me from doing it unless I absolutely have to. It was always that way with me bleeding brakes. It always felt like a chore I didn’t want to do. So to go from that to it being enjoyable is priceless to me. I’ve spent money on tools that later I wished I didn’t didn’t but this definitely isn’t one of them. I have a feeling there’s a lot of guys like me that find bleeding brakes a real bi*ch.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not the time saved at all. It’s the hassle and to me always a questionable job being done. At least when I did it, thst is. I’m not saying the method you use is questionable, it just makes me feel it is. And it’s a hassle at least to me, which is always a stumbling block in my mind. If I feel something is a hassle, it keeps me from doing it unless I absolutely have to. It was always that way with me bleeding brakes. It always felt like a chore I didn’t want to do. So to go from that to it being enjoyable is priceless to me. I’ve spent money on tools that later I wished I didn’t didn’t but this definitely isn’t one of them. I have a feeling there’s a lot of guys like me that find bleeding brakes a real bi*ch.

And some of us are just plain gluttons for punishment. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon