What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a confession to make. The damage to the finish on the trim in my 2007 was actually not the dealer's fault. It was mine. I forgot that when I dropped it off at the dealer I had a liquid air freshener clipped to the vent in that spot, and it leaked causing the damage to the finish. They did damage the louver though but it had snapped back into shape by this morning once I reset it yesterday and it sat in the heat a while. I called the dealer service manager this morning to apologize and let them know.
Respect. I probably wouldn't have admitted it myself.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a confession to make. The damage to the finish on the trim in my 2007 was actually not the dealer's fault. It was mine. I forgot that when I dropped it off at the dealer I had a liquid air freshener clipped to the vent in that spot, and it leaked causing the damage to the finish. They did damage the louver though but it had snapped back into shape by this morning once I reset it yesterday and it sat in the heat a while. I called the dealer service manager this morning to apologize and let them know.

:console:

Last night I had some punk ass POS cut across from a left turn lane to make a right across 3 lanes hit me right smack into my l/f. I saw him coming over to the lane next to me but he kept f*cking coming. I try to stay right and safe speed because of this sh*t. By the time I could slam on the brakes and lay the horn he was into me. Felt the impact and heard the crunch. I was SO PISSED.

He was in some kind of mid-sized sedan/hatch back. We pulled into a side street to check the damage. Of course he died when he saw my big fuming ass get out of the truck. Gave him a bunch of shit and he said yeah he fk'd up big time. His right front bumper was mangled up a bit.

I was actually missing any damage at all. I think between the larger front wheel compared to his and the front push bumper it saved the truck. I know my bumper corner took a hit but the paint was fine and non of the fasteners popped out. One small nick under the headlight on the one bumper crease where I think it flexed and popped back.

Wasn't enough there to deal with calling the cops and going through all that ********. I told him it was his lucky day and stop driving like an ass and sent him on his way.

I did notice today his mirror left a scar from the driver's door handle up to the fender gap. But it's just plastic burn and rubs off with some elbow grease so I should be able to rub the rest of that that out with the eraser wheel. Paint underneath looks ok. Drives fine. Damn sure glad I had that push bumper. Of course my dash cam died so I didn't get is on video. That is all.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good on you. Takes a good person to admit their mistake.

My dad had one of those glad air freshers leak and it ate the coating off the dash when it was a couple years old...fortunately, the dash cracked like the rest of them and I'll be changing out the dash for him at some point so he won't have to look at anymore.

word to the bird, don't use those lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good on you. Takes a good person to admit their mistake.

My dad had one of those glad air freshers leak and it ate the coating off the dash when it was a couple years old...fortunately, the dash cracked like the rest of them and I'll be changing out the dash for him at some point so he won't have to look at anymore.

word to the bird, don't use those lol
I just use the ones that look like a small pad and I throw them under the front seats.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't use air fresheners. If my interior stinks, it needs to be cleaned. I like the smell of older, sun-baked interior materials. It reminds me of my happy place (R.I.P. LKQ :()
My air freshener is those Wonder Wafers ( I found them so now I remember the name) in New Leather which actually smells more like old leather so imo it smells like my interior naturally does.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 4

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My air freshener is those Wonder Wafers ( I found them so now I remember the name) in New Leather which actually smells more like old leather so imo it smells like my interior naturally does.

I heard the leather cleaner and conditioners from Chemical Guys makes the interior smell like new leather. I bought those two products a long time ago and have yet to use them. I'll find out one day. My luck, they expired and probably smell like an old biker's ġooch.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm, I have had a glade liquid air freshener on mine (the wick type) for like 5 years, I just change the bottle or refill it when it goes dry, it's never caused any problem like thatglade.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm, I have had a glade liquid air freshener on mine (the wick type) for like 5 years, I just change the bottle or refill it when it goes dry, it's never caused any problem like thatView attachment 370630
That’s a better design. Mine was the cheapie disposable kind that you can get by the register at Autozone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA