What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember awhile back someone had replaced the heater/ac hoses with spring clamps and now I can't find the link for the spring clamps? I have the tool, need spring g clamps and no auto parts store has em.
Also, has anyone used silicone hoses, like vibrant?

You might have to try searching their proper name. I Googled "GM constant tension hose clamps" and got plenty of hits. I couldn't tell you what sizes to use or where to get 'em cuz I used some from GM, Honda and another make (Ford?) for mine, nabbed off of salvage yard cars. They seemed to be a little tighter than the factory GM ones.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might have to try searching their proper name. I Googled "GM constant tension hose clamps" and got plenty of hits. I couldn't tell you what sizes to use or where to get 'em cuz I used some from GM, Honda and another make (Ford?) for mine, nabbed off of salvage yard cars. They seemed to be a little tighter than the factory GM ones.
Not sure, but I think @Rocket Man shared some opinions on hose clamps a while back. Seemed pretty passionate about it if I recall correctly.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That reminds me, I need to fix the parking brake on the wife’s Yukon. It’s bound up somewhere and you can’t push in the pedal. Wife has never used it and I went to use it a while back and discovers it was bound up.

Disconnect it at the junction on the driver side just in front of the rear wheel area. This will at least isolate the bind to the main cable or the brake mechanism(s) themselves.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disconnect it at the junction on the driver side just in front of the rear wheel area. This will at least isolate the bind to the main cable or the brake mechanism(s) themselves.
Yeah-Thing is….my garage is still full of stuff from clearing out my dad’s house and garage and it’s kind of cold out right now, so……might do that later.

Reaction score
Or if you want it to look pretty, get the Gates Power Grip heat shrinkable hose clamps.

I use these on the '33 hotrod

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think @Rocket Man shared some opinions on hose clamps a while back. Seemed pretty passionate about it if I recall correctly.

I vaguely remember that convo. IIRC, it was explaining how the factory style (the constant tension clamps) was superior. I agree with the reasoning and prefer the cleaner factory appearance over the worm-drive style.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
noticed my oem backup camera is getting intermittently "grainy" looking like a old analog tv station that doesn't come in clear
wondering if anyone has experienced the same and if it turned out to be the camera or something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hillstrubl