What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I got the connector off.

I noticed I could get to it with a long screwdriver through that hole in the plastic cover. I had to stick the screwdriver between the fuel rail and fuel hose. After getting grey plug up, I used screw driver to push in on the black tab then used my other hand to reach around to the plug and pull it off20210629_142549.jpg

Reaction score
That's all taken care of. I had to clear the DTC before the light would go out and the gauge to respond.

Now I'm doing an oil change. The OLM is at 18%. It's been 5400 miles and 8 months since last oil change

I'm noticing oil on bottom of pan near drain, on sway bar, and oil filter. Last oil change there was nothing. It was also the first time I used an ACDelco UPF48R filter instead of Mobil 1. Maybe I didn't tighten filter enough. I included some pics. Gonna wipe it all off and check it in a week or two. 20210629_153730.jpg
20210629_153749.jpg
20210629_153831.jpg

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the connector off.

I noticed I could get to it with a long screwdriver through that hole in the plastic cover. I had to stick the screwdriver between the fuel rail and fuel hose. After getting grey plug up, I used screw driver to push in on the black tab then used my other hand to reach around to the plug and pull it offView attachment 343396

The classic reach-around works again!

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all taken care of. I had to clear the DTC before the light would go out and the gauge to respond.

Now I'm doing an oil change. The OLM is at 18%.

I'm noticing oil on bottom of pan near drain, on sway bar, and oil filter. Last oil change there was nothing. It was also the first time I used an ACDelco UPF48R filter instead of Mobil 1. Maybe I didn't tighten filter enough. I included some pics. Gonna wipe it all off and check it in a week or two. View attachment 343398
View attachment 343399
View attachment 343400
Interesting that the oil pan bolt above the filter is ready to drip.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Lloyds mats are in the front. I mounted the hold downs on the driver side. I also added additional weather stripping to reduce road noise along the a pillar starting about 8 inches above the beltline down to bottom. Also on the inside trailing edge of front door. It helps a little so this vehicle is really quiet.

Reaction score
Interesting that the oil pan bolt above the filter is ready to drip.
Yeah, and it's only oily around that lower back half of the pan. I was thinking rear main seal, but I popped the inspection cover, and while the cover had oil around it's edges it was all clean/dry inside.

I then thought that Allen plug on the rear of the oil cooler line block but that's all dry. The bottom and sides of the oil cooler line block where it meets the engine looks fine unless it's seeping from the top which I can't see.

The engine block is clean above the pan on the sides. I forgot to check some of the pan bolts to see if they're tight. Maybe I'll do that this weekend when I rotate the tires.

Everything else on that side looks clean going forward, but there is a little gunk on the oil cooler lines where they transition from hard to rubber. I've heard those crimps don't hold well, but I don't think any oil leaking from that far forward would leave the mess I have in those pics

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and it's only oily around that lower back half of the pan. I was thinking rear main seal, but I popped the inspection cover, and while the cover had oil around it's edges it was all clean/dry inside.

I then thought that Allen plug on the rear of the oil cooler line block but that's all dry. The bottom and sides of the oil cooler line block where it meets the engine looks fine unless it's seeping from the top which I can't see.

The engine block is clean above the pan on the sides. I forgot to check some of the pan bolts to see if they're tight. Maybe I'll do that this weekend when I rotate the tires.

Everything else on that side looks clean going forward, but there is a little gunk on the oil cooler lines where they transition from hard to rubber. I've heard those crimps don't hold well, but I don't think any oil leaking from that far forward would leave the mess I have in those pics
you might check above the oil filter where the oil cooler line adapter is those are known to leak sometimes, check your valve covers, front of the oil pan where the timing cover is.
get a bottle of purple power and spray it all over under the engine and clean it with a pressure washer then check it every morning to see where the leak is, if it is dripping on the ground then put some clean cardboard under the engine area and look at it in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz