What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have an interesting thing going in with theothertwin. I’ve noticed the last few mornings driving in that I have vapor blowing from the driver side vents in the dash with AC running. Does not occur on the passenger side. Humid every morning.

this afternoon it did this as well. Temp was about 80, but humidity was over 70%.

the last couple of days I’ve been seeing water in the floor on the passenger side as well.

again this afternoon when I got home and parked, water dripping down on the floor. The duct cover is in place, so I don’t know exactly where it drips from.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all taken care of. I had to clear the DTC before the light would go out and the gauge to respond.

Now I'm doing an oil change. The OLM is at 18%. It's been 5400 miles and 8 months since last oil change

I'm noticing oil on bottom of pan near drain, on sway bar, and oil filter. Last oil change there was nothing. It was also the first time I used an ACDelco UPF48R filter instead of Mobil 1. Maybe I didn't tighten filter enough. I included some pics. Gonna wipe it all off and check it in a week or two. View attachment 343398
View attachment 343399
View attachment 343400
Classic filter leak eithr loose or too tight

Reaction score
Classic filter leak eithr loose or too tight
I'm hoping that's what it is. The last time I changed the oil was the first time I used one of those ACDelco filters and I always just hand tight.

When I was replacing the motor mount about a month ago I noticed a bit of oil around the filter area and the filter was still able to be turned/tightened by hand. When I just now removed the filter it was super tight.

Reaction score
My wife wanted to close the hood on me!

Usually I use a step stool and lay up on the core support and reach back but that kept hurting my stomach. I'm 6' and 210, so not fat, but not skinny. Getting in and out of there was a feat, but once in it was fine. Also at my age she found it amusing 20210629_204651.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I have an interesting thing going in with theothertwin. I’ve noticed the last few mornings driving in that I have vapor blowing from the driver side vents in the dash with AC running. Does not occur on the passenger side. Humid every morning.

this afternoon it did this as well. Temp was about 80, but humidity was over 70%.

the last couple of days I’ve been seeing water in the floor on the passenger side as well.

again this afternoon when I got home and parked, water dripping down on the floor. The duct cover is in place, so I don’t know exactly where it drips from.
I've had that happen before too. No idea why.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score

Are you still getting the normal condensation dripping out of the evaporator and hitting the ground below the vehicle? If so your drain line is OK. If not, it’s plugged.

I have on occasion experienced the same phenomenon you described in multiple vehicles when the temperature and humidity were just right. The evaporator chills the air below the dew point and blows out a stream of fog. And under similar high humidity conditions moisture can condense on the exterior surfaces of cold HVAC parts like ductwork and the evaporator housing, and drip down.

The most effective way to combat the latter scenario is running the HVAC on recirculate so more humidity is not drawn in, and crank the fan speed up to reduce the temperature delta between the components and the air passing through. Once the interior humidity is dried down by the HVAC, the surface condensation should stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10