What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have GM’s upfitters info, in fact the diagram they show on it is the same as what I found in the glove box. It’s the small 22 ish guage wires I’m wonder if they did power the lights upfront in the grill and the strobes in the headlights.

I’m trying like hell not to run more wiring thru the firewall if I can power and run the fog lights and lightbar.
I haven’t even begun to look at all those. Lol. I was concentrating on the high amp circuits for radio use.

Reaction score
Replaced the rear liftgate window switch in about a minute thanks to a video a member on here made some time back. Bought a fuel rail adapter and an ethanol test kit (little beaker style bottle) to check the actual alcohol content of my fuel. Last time at the station, the content dropped 20% into the 40s and it should have at least been in the 70s. Either we're getting cheated or the computer got a math problem wrong.
Isn't there a way to reset it with the Tech2?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to share the name of this shady warranty company so others don’t buy it? I myself don’t believe in those shady outfits, I don’t trust them to pay out. Now I see even Ice-T is plugging for one on TV.

TAPP total automotive protection plan. They are liars and does not communicate well. They say they will call back shortly and never call. It was 98 percent of the time us calling them. They close an hour early and also closed Monday at 1 when they said they would call us back that day in the afternoon. They blamed it on our phones. 2 different phones and we both got an automated message that their office is now closed. And I haven’t said to them yet that I want a refund. As far as I know they think I’m still waiting for them to pay the shop. The dealership that I bought this from had to stop selling them last year. Said they weren’t doing what they were contracted to do. And a customer of his had to hire an attorney and won to get whatever the outcome of that deal was.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are better off putting aside the money you would spend on an extended warranty than buying one. My Buddy signed up for Car Shield and the first time he needed them, they gave him the complete run-a-round. He had to take it to one of their shops that wasn’t anywhere near him and had to wait a week for the repair to be made. I have a hard time believing a good repair shop would sign up for any program since they don’t get paid very much.

TAPP total automotive protection plan. They are liars and does not communicate well. They say they will call back shortly and never call. It was 98 percent of the time us calling them. They close an hour early and also closed Monday at 1 when they said they would call us back that day in the afternoon. They blamed it on our phones. 2 different phones and we both got an automated message that their office is now closed. And I haven’t said to them yet that I want a refund. As far as I know they think I’m still waiting for them to pay the shop. The dealership that I bought this from had to stop selling them last year. Said they weren’t doing what they were contracted to do. And a customer of his had to hire an attorney and won to get whatever the outcome of that deal was.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a way to reset it with the Tech2?

Yes, one can reset the alcohol content and trims, empty the tank and refill with regular E10 fuel and the reset brings it back to 3% and it will then adjust from there.

You are better off putting aside the money you would spend on an extended warranty than buying one.

I am my own warranty service, something needs fixin' we get it fixed. Nobody is going to hold me or my family hostage with regards to getting a vehicle fixed on someone else's say so.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need help with 2 things guys. How do I do the HVAC reset on my '07? Keep getting partial air flow out of the ac vents when switching to floor heat. Very annoying.

Also getting an intermittent service light for the stability system. Would that store a code I can read with my cheap OBD scanner or only if the check engine light comes on?

The 2 times it happened before I would come out of my job and start her up and sit for like 5 or 10 min because I call my kids. It would just pop on and light up and the chime would go off. Then last night I was driving home and it popped on and stayed on. Nothing today.

Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need help with 2 things guys. How do I do the HVAC reset on my '07? Keep getting partial air flow out of the ac vents when switching to floor heat. Very annoying.

Also getting an intermittent service light for the stability system. Would that store a code I can read with my cheap OBD scanner or only if the check engine light comes on?

The 2 times it happened before I would come out of my job and start her up and sit for like 5 or 10 min because I call my kids. It would just pop on and light up and the chime would go off. Then last night I was driving home and it popped on and stayed on. Nothing today.

Thanks.
you can pull the hvac fuse or just disconnect the battery to reset the actuators, that may or may solve your problem, sometimes the actuators get stuck and have to be replaced.
the stabilitrac issue is most likely a wheel bearing, a off the shelf code reader "may" pick it up when the light on, it wont if the light is not on. a tech2 would see it in the history, but if you disconnect the battery for the hvac it might erase it.

the tech2 is going to be your go-to tool for both of those issues

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can pull the hvac fuse or just disconnect the battery to reset the actuators, that may or may solve your problem, sometimes the actuators get stuck and have to be replaced.
the stabilitrac issue is most likely a wheel bearing, a off the shelf code reader "may" pick it up when the light on, it wont if the light is not on. a tech2 would see it in the history, but if you disconnect the battery for the hvac it might erase it.

the tech2 is going to be your go-to tool for both of those issues

Thank you brother. Of course my state inspection is next Tuesday...:oops::(:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz