What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the first 2 rows have larger passages so when the fluid is cold it's thicker and won't flow into the rest of the smaller passages until it's warmer and thinner.

I wouldn't want, especially in summer, to wait till the fluid hits 180* before it starts to flow through the cooler

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My highest trans temp observed since I installed the TruCoooler is 143*

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, so in cold weather the internal radiator cooler would warm the trans quicker than a thermal bypass

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
But it can’t, because having a thermal bypass in the line stops all fluid from circulating- it won’t circulate through the cooler OR the radiator since there’s only one closed loop line. So it can’t flow through ANYTHING until it gets to 180*. Or am I wrong?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use any gasket sealer on the cover with that rubber gasket?
I did not. No leaks thus far. I haven’t used gasket sealer with this type gasket on my previous vehicles either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it can’t, because having a thermal bypass in the line stops all fluid from circulating- it won’t circulate through the cooler OR the radiator since there’s only one closed loop line. So it can’t flow through ANYTHING until it gets to 180*. Or am I wrong?
I think the bypass works by allowing normal flow and then opens for the tru cool when the temp reaches the required temp to open the valve, looks like it works just like the thermostat they put on the 15+,

TRUE.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo