What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The add-a-circuit isn't needed, just a jumper wire will work, but I found it's easier and adds fused protection to it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yep I know. I use those whenever I can though. I couldn’t use one when I did it the other way because I wasn’t tapping into a fuse slot.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gallon is a better deal, $50 vs $25 for just a quart!

I did notice though, when I checked the links, It said it fits my vehicle but in the notes it says "NEED FRICTION MODIFIER WITH LOCKING/LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIALS-USE ADDITIVE 88900330"
Saw that too. The manual doesn’t specify the additive. So I’m chalking it up to Amazon folklore lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm still catching up...

So if I want the fogs on whenever the truck is on, I still do the original mod using the low beam relay and diode, correct? The lows are always on, which will activate the fogs. Or is the diode even needed then (I leave my headlight selector on AUTO)?
Do you have a Yukon or Tahoe?

Reaction score
Yukon. Sorry I forgot to specify.
Well, thw original way, relay to relay, will have the fogs on basically anytime the vehicle is running, even during the day.

The diode is only used in that setup to be able to just only turn on fogs and parking lights if it's foggy and you don't want the headlights reflected back at you, or you like that look and want to be cool.

The way I posted in this thread is if you don't want the foglights on during the day with the DRLs (low beam headlights on the Yukon). I believe the Tahoe has seperate DRLs from the headlights and isn't effected by this.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw that too. The manual doesn’t specify the additive. So I’m chalking it up to Amazon folklore lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your G80 is not locking/ limited slip and doesn’t need modifier. You do have a G80 right?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to use some brass shim stock to make an adapter like the one shown. The shim stock is about as thick as an index card.
You should be able to use that fuse tap shown, just cut the end so it’s a thin flat strip that fits in the relay socket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts