What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmt502

Reaction score
Over the weekend I changed the oil, oil filter, serpentine belt, ac belt (this was the worst thing to do, by far), rear air shocks, and rear air suspension compressor.

Hoping to get the transmission fluid and filter changed in the next few days.

Also order some other goodies: new Husky front and second row floor mats, Hikari high and low beam leds, and.....a new “Chevrolet” keychain

Reaction score
THe AC belt gave you trouble?
I have this little tool and it works great. That belt was easy to do.
I have that Lisle tool also, but have never used it yet.

Since I just replaced the belt and tensioner pully on my 2001 the other day, (yes, it uses a tensioner pulley like the serpentine system does), I noticed that on my 6.2 there is threaded holes in the locations to mount an AC tensioner pulley. The AC belt on the nbs is a bit longer also, because of the use of a tensioner.

So I'm pretty confident that a nnbs can be retrofit with a nbs belt and tensioner pulley if someone wanted to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that Lisle tool also, but have never used it yet.

Since I just replaced the belt and tensioner pully on my 2001 the other day, (yes, it uses a tensioner pulley like the serpentine system does), I noticed that on my 6.2 there is threaded holes in the locations to mount an AC tensioner pulley. The AC belt on the nbs is a bit longer also, because of the use of a tensioner.

So I'm pretty confident that a nnbs can be retrofit with a nbs belt and tensioner pulley if someone wanted to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Actually there is a NNBS tensioner because my 08 Silverado has one stock. P/N is 12580196 but then you would need the belt too P/N 12576447.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not, you do have your helpers ;)

It's summer, too hot, rainy or they're on sleepovers. Oldest two are back to working and youngest is away at summer camp. Winter project! Still have to swap out the Onstar Antenna.

you can get it from the rear passenger door area, you will have to pull it down enough to reach in there and unclip it, you might have to pull the plastic trim between the front & rear seat pillar back some I was in mine before it will all tuck back in fine, just make sure your hands are clean the head liner likes to take finger smudges pretty easy, take your time and go easy it's just a cardboard form

Thanks Wes!

Trimmed my mud flaps...

Which kind do you have? Any photos?

2007s and I think 2008s also used the tensioner.

tmt502

Reaction score
THe AC belt gave you trouble?
I have this little tool and it works great. That belt was easy to do.

Yeah, no one had that little tool in stock so I did it the hard way with some ingenuity. Whipped me good and I have the bruises to show for it.

The first attempt wound up with the belt on the crank pulley beautifully, but realized it slipped off the ac compressor pulley and pinched between the compressor housing and pulley. I had to cut if off and go buy another one to give it another shot, but the second time worked.

it sucked. I’m ordering the tool to have for the next go round. Ugh.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the big brake job today. Rebuilt all the calipers, installed new hoses, new rear rotors, machined front rotors, and all new pads. Wow this was one HELL of a job. I will never rebuild a Caliper again. It’s just not worth my time. The labor to clean and paint them wasn’t calculated into my plans. I bet I had eight hours into this. Here is the best part - I did the Tech 2 Automated bleed and I ran out of f****** fluid! Unreal. I bought all the parts from RockAuto with the exception of the left rear Caliper which I had to buy from AutoValue as the frozen slide pin head snapped off. These were all original calipers with 140k on them. Hell, all but one of the Caliper slide pins were frozen (besides the one that snapped). Nothing the oxyacetylene couldn’t handle. I thought the brake hoses would be a challenge but using a propane torch to heat up the female fitting on the old line was enough to let the 13mm flare nut wrench do it’s work. Never again. Quality reman or new calipers ONLY.
c870b66f4e6807c26bbc3b7226250d5d.jpg

e7ed64b360b59eaa3bb2598fb44e0995.jpg
5e8df12737427f71f84d27daa712db5c.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did GM switch from the A/C tensioner to the Stretch-to-Fit belt anyways? The tensioner on mine works perfectly and was easy to replace as was the belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n