What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did 90 with this rig a few weeks ago... Decent load with that being a 22' steel deck car hauler...

View attachment 236699

The big boys have those surface drive props those things hover that chunk of fiberglass up there for sure... 100 mph in a boat is much more a rush than 100 mph on a bike....
For sure. I had a jet boat with a built 460 Ford with a blower that put out 900 HP. It would do 80 and for a 18’ boat that was fast enough for me. I actually got a wreckless endangering ticket in it for doing a 720 in the air coming off a wake. It was dismissed luckily, the traffic judge didn’t even know what to do since it was a marine citation.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. There’s 4 different 3M brushed metal colors- titanium, steel, aluminum and black. You can order sample sizes on EBay and see if one matches. I’m betting steel or aluminum would.

Supposedly Titanium is a good match.

I found yesterday that 3M 1080 "Scotchprint" vinyl in "titanium" is an exact match for the Z71 "brushed aluminum" trim. So I have ordered some of that and i'm wrapping the spokes and trim ring on my Escalade wheel to match the rest of the trim. I'll see how I feel about that when its done and then decide if I want to stick with it or go ahead with the custom leather.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to drag my little trailer to Walmart to get some tires put on Jenn's wheels. First time I got it above 80MPH since the drop and wheels. I don't know if it's the warmer weather or the 22s are that much heavier, but it feels like it has some extra weight on it now. The 22s ride rougher, as I expected from the shorter sidewall and since they're BRICKstone Duelers. But, at least they're balanced nicely.
I pull a 4 horse slant behind the dually @75 all the time...

Reaction score
Not today, but yesterday afternoon (I work at a school, so no school Monday or Tuesday) I cleaned the snow off it and cleared the driveway and took it out to pick up some dinner.

The roads were pretty sloppy and halfway plowed and I was trying to see how this AWD does in it and goosing it around corners. The damn traction control light kept coming on and I couldn't get it to drift through...lol. I even turned off the traction control button but the light with the vehicle with squiggly lines underneath would still come on when trying to power it through snow. Does this mean the traction control is still coming on or just that the vehicle is detecting tire slippage?

I had no problems driving through any of it, but I was purposefully trying to get the tires to spin through it (OE Dueler H/L Alenza)

500c5dbda0f15d54156a98deefebf240.jpg

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not today, but yesterday afternoon (I work at a school, so no school Monday or Tuesday) I cleaned the snow off it and cleared the driveway and took it out to pick up some dinner.

The roads were pretty sloppy and halfway plowed and I was trying to see how this AWD does in it and goosing it around corners. The damn traction control light kept coming on and I couldn't get it to drift through...lol. I even turned off the traction control button but the light with the vehicle with squiggly lines underneath would still come on when trying to power it through snow. Does this mean the traction control is still coming on or just that the vehicle is detecting tire slippage?

I had no problems driving through any of it, but I was purposefully trying to get the tires to spin through it (OE Dueler H/L Alenza)

I think that even though you turned off traction control I am pretty sure your stabilitrak is still active and I believe it uses the same icon on your dash.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

these have stabiltrac and traction control, you have to hold the button down for a few seconds to get both disabled, another way is to just pull the abs fuse, you will get some dummy lights if the fuse is pulled but they will go out when the fuse is put back in

Reaction score
these have stabiltrac and traction control, you have to hold the button down for a few seconds to get both disabled, another way is to just pull the abs fuse, you will get some dummy lights if the fuse is pulled but they will go out when the fuse is put back in
I did try it with both disabled and the slippage/traction light would still come on when punching it through the snow or around a corner.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did try it with both disabled and the slippage/traction light would still come on when punching it through the snow or around a corner.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
pull the abs fuse then it will just default to standard brakes and the traction control/stabiltrac will be disabled, the system works by getting the abs data & data from the transmission, just pulling the abs fuse will work though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019