What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a set of Craftsman bolt extractor sockets for maybe 10 years. They came in a red case and have worked the few times I've had to use them.

I have the same set. I’ve had them for probably 15 and only used less than a dozen times. Worked every time.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picture a rubber hose slipped over a barbed fitting. If you grabbed the hose where it's not on the barb and pulled, the hose stretches and tightens around the barb. Of course, if you grabbed the hose on the part that is slipped over the barb, you pinch it tighter on the barb. If you reached forward to the very end of the hose towards the base of the barb and "hooked" the hose to pull it off, the hose will tend to expand ("bubble out"), loosening it off the barb. This is pretty much the effect you want when unsticking and removing the boot off the spark plug.
The other problem is the part that clips on the spark plug, if the wire is installed without dielectric grease and left on for too long ( sometimes plugs aren’t changed for years) that metal corrodes to the plug and no matter what you do, the metal clip won’t release from the plug. It destroys the wire because the clip stays on the plug.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other problem is the part that clips on the spark plug, if the wire is installed without dielectric grease and left on for too long ( sometimes plugs aren’t changed for years) that metal corrodes to the plug and no matter what you do, the metal clip won’t release from the plug. It destroys the wire because the clip stays on the plug.
This is why when I did my plugs last week I went ahead and got wires too... not knowing the history... and yes I broke 3 wires... but now the plugs and wires are all brandy new...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

True story. Did anyone suggest he have a set of new wires on standby?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84