What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Went catless today...

I'm not convinced that I like it. It is louder and definitely has more growl/rasp than it did before.

I think I will probably drive it for a few days and see but most likely gonna get a resonator or something to tone it down a bit.

I honestly didn't expect it to make that big of a difference in sound.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went catless today...

I'm not convinced that I like it. It is louder and definitely has more growl/rasp than it did before.

I think I will probably drive it for a few days and see but most likely gonna get a resonator or something to tone it down a bit.

Jersey has visual cat inspection that sucks, btw your tahoe sounds great without it!

kbuskill

Reaction score
Jersey has visual cat inspection that sucks, btw your tahoe sounds great without it!

Thanks.

It doesn't sound bad. It's just more mud truck less, luxury truck sounding.

I was content with the exhaust tone before and didn't think the cats would make that big of a difference.

I also feel like it lost some bottom end torque but that may just be because it makes more noise than before so in my mind I think it should be going faster... lol

Reaction score
Thanks.

It doesn't sound bad. It's just more mud truck less, luxury truck sounding.

I was content with the exhaust tone before and didn't think the cats would make that big of a difference.

I also feel like it lost some bottom end torque but that may just be because it makes more noise than before so in my mind I think it should be going faster... lol
Less backpressure in the exhaust will usually move the powerband up in rpm

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Leo1103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was bored today and decided to work on the headlights some more. Morimoto d2s 4.0 square upgrade with 35w 5500k hids. Also decided to swap the drl strips and tint the side marker since the housing is already apart. At this point I'm just waiting on some shrouds, led backlights and the bt controller.

20190216_210353.jpg 20190218_155517.jpg 20190218_160505.jpg 20190218_164200.jpg

kbuskill

Reaction score
Went catless today...

Well that was short lived... Went back to the muffler shop and had them add a short magnaflow style muffler in front of the Jones performance muffler I already had on it.

She sounds about like she did prior to the headers and removal of cats now.