What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that was short lived... Went back to the muffler shop and had them add a short magnaflow style muffler in front of the Jones performance muffler I already had on it.

She sounds about like she did prior to the headers and removal of cats now.
too loud and too much drone I take it?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Did you change it already? I bet the cabin noise went up some huh? Well, good excuse for new carpet and sound deadening which will enhance your audio system too! One of those oughtta convince the wife! LOL

Yeah I went back to the muffler shop and had them add a small magnaflow style muffler in front of my existing Jones performance muffler.

She sounds about like she did before cat removal now.

Gotta get some miles on her so I can log and get my tune updated to compensate for the headers and new exhaust.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far from finished, but this gives you a pretty good idea... the tank will be dropped down as low as possible and it’ll be sitting on a shelf. You won’t be able to see the brackets installed. Should tuck in there nicely. I’m going to put a nice radius on all edges and cover with stock looking black vinyl. Flipped the stock tray with cup holder around, and you can still fit a large yeti and whataburger cup with the radar detector plugged in. I still need to dremel off the tabs around the tray. Very happy so far!A6815AEE-2A2E-4EF1-97DA-1FE91F63CD83.jpeg 193877D4-B64A-41F5-9A19-D0A078A94EC8.jpeg AC98A5DC-FE6E-49A7-9155-6269E8C7AD38.jpeg

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Went catless today...

I'm not convinced that I like it. It is louder and definitely has more growl/rasp than it did before.

I think I will probably drive it for a few days and see but most likely gonna get a resonator or something to tone it down a bit.

I honestly didn't expect it to make that big of a difference in sound.
I don't have cats either, it almost feels like there is more drone inside the cabin at certain rpms.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
And well, after reading further, you remedied that problem. The wife hates it, but I'm used to it at this point. Sound deadening would be nice along with new carpet since mine is trashed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557