What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jagsta

Reaction score
man this new wireless android auto is pretty slick, you can plug or unplug your phone and it doesn't affect anything, and you can still get on your phone for other things if you want or need to and android auto will still keep on chugging along without even a hiccup, very impressed so far

View attachment 211436

I just did the same (W4400NEX), works amazing! What dash surround kit did you use? I used the Metra kit w/ soft touch (matches the a/c control panel texture perfectly), with some careful adjustment it doesn't snag the faceplate:

IMG_1857.JPG

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did the same (W4400NEX), works amazing! What dash surround kit did you use? I used the Metra kit w/ soft touch (matches the a/c control panel texture perfectly), with some careful adjustment it doesn't snag the faceplate:

View attachment 211474
I am not sure what brand the surround kit is, just used the existing one from the 8200 I had in there, I haven't put the other bezel trim back on yet because I am waiting for ADS to write new firmware for the maestro rr, radio is shutting off from any door instead of just the driver door, that outer trim bezel is a ***** at least on mine it is, it wants to stay on tight. i can ask the shop I had do part of the install what surround kit they used for the 8200.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man this new wireless android auto is pretty slick, you can plug or unplug your phone and it doesn't affect anything, and you can still get on your phone for other things if you want or need to and android auto will still keep on chugging along without even a hiccup, very impressed so far

View attachment 211436

What is android auto and what is the McDonald's app for?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is android auto and what is the McDonald's app for?
the mcdonalds app has coupons I have 3 boys and we randomly hit up the mcdonalds that is 2 blocks away so it usually saves me $3-4 anytime we go after a while it add's up and the coupons are always there in one form or another or you get a free mcflury or whatever still for a free app can't complain.
android auto is just like apple carplay and basically moves your text messages and phone calls to the radio, I don't know about apple but android will do text to voice for text, facebook messenger and other messaging apps. so it will read your text's to you and you can respond with voice to text. kind of like a digital assistant. It can also do navigation by voice either thru maps or waze and you can have a choice of many music apps or services and other functions that I don't use like read you a book or whatever they are slowly adding different things as time goes along both android auto and carplay are about 3 years into development for the public.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mcdonalds app has coupons I have 3 boys and we randomly hit up the mcdonalds that is 2 blocks away so it usually saves me $3-4 anytime we go after a while it add's up and the coupons are always there in one form or another or you get a free mcflury or whatever still for a free app can't complain.
android auto is just like apple carplay and basically moves your text messages and phone calls to the radio, I don't know about apple but android will do text to voice for text, facebook messenger and other messaging apps. so it will read your text's to you and you can respond with voice to text. kind of like a digital assistant. It can also do navigation by voice either thru maps or waze and you can have a choice of many music apps or services and other functions that I don't use like read you a book or whatever they are slowly adding different things as time goes along both android auto and carplay are about 3 years into development for the public.

Got it, thanks! I still have a free french fry coupon inside my phone's cover.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if this motor was run on regular oil for a time and then someone switched it over to synthetic?

I don't have the previous oil history, but yes I use Mobil1 full synth, I'm certain some gunk broke loose... however the truck has been perfect since the flush, oil sensor and filter change, and subsequent oil change.

It's getting cold out, I still want to hit the center diff oil, and rear end oil, since I don't know the history I want it all fresh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf

Latest posts