What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually considered that...but I don't think it would work. Those are usually smaller diameter, designed for refrigerant cans that are about the size of a coke can. Plus with the thickness of them, wouldn't be able to get around the oil filter in a lot of applications.

Really need something like that Youtube video that would attach to the bottom of the filter.
theres always the option to just outline what you want in a drawing and give it to a machine shop, those guys can make anything, probably be more than $40 though, if you have a drill press and a grinder you could make one

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me say, I'm not some prissy missy that is worried about getting dirty. LOL However, I live in an apartment complex that is extremely strict on a no vehicle maintenance policy. So, what I usually do is drive a couple miles up the road to the Advance Auto and do my oil changes in the parking lot there. If I could come up with a cleaner way of addressing the oil filter, then I wouldn't have to lug my oil drain pan with me when I do it. Just a couple of empty oil jugs.

I crack my filter loose, not enough to leak, then put doubled-up plastic grocery bags over it and spin it off by grabbing it through the bags. It falls into the bags and I tie it up and throw it away- no drips or leaks. I change oil in my cars without getting a single drop on the floor and barely anything on my hands and I have plenty of Walmart bags at all times.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems they used fluid filled motor mounts for a reason.
I can now totally feel the engine idle like it a bit "rougher", after installing driver side Hummer mount.

Meh. It's only at idle and I'd rather feel that than the clunk of a broken mount and the pain of having to replace the mount(s) more than once in the vehcle's lifetime.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. It's only at idle and I'd rather feel that than the clunk of a broken mount and the pain of having to replace the mount(s) more than once in the vehcle's lifetime.

Yes, and after the first time Im sure it would only take 30 min to do it again. I cant imagine how long the OEM one lasts if towing over 5000 lbs.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, and after the first time Im sure it would only take 30 min to do it again. I cant imagine how long the OEM one lasts if towing over 5000 lbs.
Knock on wood. I tow a 6500 lb camper and have 152k on mine and still have the OEM engine mounts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood. I tow a 6500 lb camper and have 152k on mine and still have the OEM engine mounts.

It has the hydraulic ones? No orange/rust colored residues on or around the mounts?

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has the hydraulic ones? No orange/rust colored residues on or around the mounts?
I have a 2010 Denali if that makes a difference. But the last time I checked they clean.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Denali if that makes a difference. But the last time I checked they clean.

Definitely should have the hydraulic ones if they're original. And this would be quite an accomplishment, indicating easy driving and very easy accelerating when towing. Regardless of the stresses induced on the mounts, you'd think that the sheer age of the rubber would overcome all that easy driving and it'd crack and leak anyway. Maybe you live in an environment better suited for the livelihood of rubber? In my area, quality windshield wipers are dry and streaky after about 6 months and may last a year if you park in a garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LBZYUKON

Latest posts