What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Limped it home 1 mile with a low oil pressure light. No noises, I think it's Oil pressure sensor and screen...
Welp, taking Uber to work tomorrow..

It’s a cheap fix but beware it is a major pain in the ass. YouTube has some good videos on replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a cheap fix but beware it is a major pain in the ass. YouTube has some good videos on replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This ^. I did mine a few months ago. Jesus. Have normal to small hands.

It can be done without taking anything major off. Took me 45 painstakingly minutes.

I did not replace the filter.

I was not ready to attempt to fight that battle. 0829afda341ce245331044a9f86af0c6.jpga91b4ff6e6ce6fdb51ec3a9ddff08544.jpg16d75b2783bb753f53e6211dfe6922b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know they answered but seriously. 10mm a philips and a panel rivet poper and its off quick. Losen remove all bolts, Remove stuff on front of inner fender well and Grab topside of bumper in under inner fender and pull outwards, itll pop off clips attached to metal fender. Do both sides. 8 10mm bolts across top, 4 ( 2 on ech side at bottom insie under fender liner on bumper support brackets) and it slides off, if you have fogs youll have to disconnect wires with clips and its off. After you do it a few times, itll be off in 5 min each time.[/QUOTE]

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still nothing like the good 'ol days where you pull up and remove two L-shaped pins and the headlight assembly came right out. Why couldn't they keep that design?!
Absolutely.. easiest headlight ever

Got to work one morning and some dingbat i work with and about 5 guys watching him had half of the frontend apart on his nbs tahoe, I mentioned he had a light out a few days before, i swear he had bolts everywhere, was underneath trying to get to bumper brackets. I said ‘billy, whatcha doin dude?’ He replied ‘changing the bulb you told me was out’... i said come here dude, i pulled the pins, popped headlight off in 2 sec and walked away.

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So idk if im getting old or im just not felling the loud exhaust thing anymore. Ive been thinking of putting a stock one back on haha

I am 41 and feel the opposite, haha. My L9H is WAY too quiet, but it has a nice rumble from factory. I have half of the $1800 I need saved for the long tube headers I want.
What is disappointing about the GMT900 exhaust is that they ALL had Y pipes, unlike the GMT800, where the 6.0 got true duals up to the muffler. The old LQ4 or was it the LQ9 Denali had true duals to muffler, while the L92, L9H got Y pipes!!

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So idk if im getting old or im just not felling the loud exhaust thing anymore. Ive been thinking of putting a stock one back on haha
If you had an XL and lived closer I would be happy to trade.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't really need it. 2.25" duals or a single 3" is plenty of pipe to move air.

I'd rather have the smaller duals then the Y pipe and 3.5" single pipe that's on mine. Y pipes, leading into ANY size pipe, efficient or not, doesn't sound as good in comparison to a nice true dual setup, haha. On another note, weren't the GMT800 Denali 2.5" true to the muffler?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17