What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I know they answered but seriously. 10mm a philips and a panel rivet poper and its off quick. Losen remove all bolts, Remove stuff on front of inner fender well and Grab topside of bumper in under inner fender and pull outwards, itll pop off clips attached to metal fender. Do both sides. 8 10mm bolts across top, 4 ( 2 on ech side at bottom insie under fender liner on bumper support brackets) and it slides off, if you have fogs youll have to disconnect wires with clips and its off. After you do it a few times, itll be off in 5 min each time.

And don't forget the two long 10mm bolts in the brackets underneath by the fog lights.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This ^. I did mine a few months ago. Jesus. Have normal to small hands.

It can be done without taking anything major off. Took me 45 painstakingly minutes.

I did not replace the filter.

I was not ready to attempt to fight that battle. 0829afda341ce245331044a9f86af0c6.jpga91b4ff6e6ce6fdb51ec3a9ddff08544.jpg16d75b2783bb753f53e6211dfe6922b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Good grief, how did you get close enough for a photo... I have a plastic shroud on the back of my engine that I can't work around... All I can see is the plug through the shroud, USPS isn't here yet, but I'm on hour 2 or so, I can't get the socket to set down on the sensor, I have the same set up as you.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This ^. I did mine a few months ago. Jesus. Have normal to small hands.

It can be done without taking anything major off. Took me 45 painstakingly minutes.

I did not replace the filter.

I was not ready to attempt to fight that battle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Apparently Autozone's OEM brand 1 1/16 Oil Switch socket is a POS, too tall too fat... now I'm stuck at home(wife is out) and I can't do the job.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it through the car wash, filled up with gas then got it inspected at a place about 20 miles away 'cuz the guy said he wouldn't hassle me about the tint. Got home to see my sway bar bushings were delivered so now I'm probably gonna put them on. Might do other stuff, too.

First wash in months:

IMG_1588.JPG

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try using a longer extension to get a little more leverage. I had to use a 45 degree pic tool to rip the filter out. Not easy but mine needed it. Hope it works out man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try using a longer extension to get a little more leverage. I had to use a 45 degree pic tool to rip the filter out. Not easy but mine needed it. Hope it works out man.

Yeah the one from Autozone is too thick and too tall so it won't seat down on the sensor no matter what...(AC lines or other lines hit the top of it/and or swivel)
the Lisle brand one is shorter and thin walled which lets it slide over the sensor, with clearance... I did hack away some of the plastic shroud on the back of the engine to give me better wrist clearance, I can't see any real reason for the shroud on the back of the engine. My 95 was much easier.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the one from Autozone is too thick and too tall so it won't seat down on the sensor no matter what...(AC lines or other lines hit the top of it/and or swivel)
the Lisle brand one is shorter and thin walled which lets it slide over the sensor, with clearance... I did hack away some of the plastic shroud on the back of the engine to give me better wrist clearance, I can't see any real reason for the shroud on the back of the engine. My 95 was much easier.

I had to do the same. Another worthless piece of plastic that annoyed the ever living shit out of me. Neighbors I’m sure were wondering what the hell I was doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts