Wet Concrete From Transmission Extension Housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My RWD 2008 Yukon has been sitting in the driveway for a couple weeks now because of the work at home thing. I haven't used it at all in that time and yesterday I noticed a big wet area under the vehicle.

The driveway has a slight incline so the front end of is slightly raised while parked. Looks to be a slow drip from the transmission extension housing. I actually replace the transmission extension housing about 2 years ago, which came with a new seal already pressed, so I find it odd it's leaking.

I am going to assume this behavior is not normal?

Maybe just replace it with a new one because maybe the one I got was bad? Suggestions?

Is there an online parts catalog where I can confirm the part number?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big wet area under the truck should not be considered normal, IMO.

Folks here will chime in with their thoughts and perspectives.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pics of the "big" area would help. May have a yoke problem as well so check for that when you slide it out. Sounds like the incline and the long sit contributed to this since you never noticed a leak before. You can just top off fluid and drive it and keep watch to see what happens. Can you park on a level surface anywhere close?

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before replacing the slip yoke and transmission extension housing, I was dealing with the "GM Clink". Replacing those fixed that problem, but may have introduced this problem in addition to the continual slight vibration I have had since then.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before replacing the slip yoke and transmission extension housing, I was dealing with the "GM Clink". Replacing those fixed that problem, but may have introduced this problem in addition to the continual slight vibration I have had since then.
If you think the slight vibration is connected, since you said it started after replacement of housing, i would check the driveshaft and have it balanced. It may be enough vibration to kill that new seal in the new housing.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As part of my 2 year long diagnosis, I bought a brand new driveshaft, which had no affect on the vibration. The other two items are slip yoke and transmission extension housing.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the same time two years ago, I had one of the mounts was replace. Damn, I can't recall which side, but I do remember the way for checking it, putting it in gear, foot on the brake, hit the gas, and one side of the engine clearly comes up a few inches. At any rate, it was just one side that was replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker

Latest posts