Well its over General Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jcu

jcu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very true, they know these solenoids are junk and that the trans lines are a problem so why not replace the part with one that will last. The mechanic that replaced them said he had hundreds of them and the replacement part is no better quality. He said you'll get max 80-100k beg or you'll need to replace it. I see one company will rebuild your door lock solenoids to last if you send it in, not sure how long that would take but I may call them. Building lemons one at a time.
I've been reading Consumer Reports and reviews of every truck, new and used back to 12. They are all problematic, it seems like Toyota has the least problems. I just can't see driving the damn thing. Getting a restored 67-70 suburban is looking better all the time.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
8ccc6efd5e80abbb95a4da4b642eb4d3.jpg

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, who in their right mind buys a truck or SUV for fuel economy? if you want that go and buy a VW TDI or an electric car. I'm sorry, but you can't fix stupid.
A person who needs a truck but also needs it to be a daily driver. All I was saying is that 13-14 highway is pretty ****** when the new Silverado/Sierra gets 20s or better. Hell my Tahoe gets anywhere from 17-20. And I'm sorry but im taking this a disrespect because I feel like you are calling my father stupid, don't disrespect my family.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my salesguy a Sonata, good car for the money, seriously.

You can take your serious feedback and stuff it in a sack, mister :crazy:

....Getting a restored 67-70 suburban is looking better all the time.

Now THIS I can get behind!! :party33:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also watch out for the ones built on Taco Tuesday's

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me tell you something about my GMC Yukon (Amri King voice)

jeremyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can certainly understand the frustration you are experiencing with GM...So far in 9500 miles I've had the 4WD Service problem pop up 3 times and there's no fix in sight. I am really disappointed with the transmission as a while because the shift points are horrid. The gas mileage isn't anywhere NEAR as good as stated and is actually closer to what I got from my 2009 Denali with the 6.2 engine. (I should have bought another Denali so that one is on me.)

Besides the faults I have with my 15 Tahoe LTZ, I do really like the exterior and interior. It's a vast improvement over the 07-14 models and it really feels like a high end vehicle when you're in and around it. The interior materials are much nicer, especially the leather. I love the instrument cluster and entire dash, including the entertainment/navigation system. The fold down third row seats kick ass and the cargo room is fantastic. I will say thought that since I have a LTZ, mine has the 2nd row captains chairs and I would have actually preferred a bench 2nd row seat. It's still too soon to tell so I'm not sure if I would make the same decision again but I am happy with it overall. Time will tell if I go another direction or stick with another LTZ or Denali next time around.

JP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo