Reduced Engine Power write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eldiablo

Reaction score
I think its time to build a better thicker harness for just the fly by wire circuit. Ill get on the phone with the painless guys and see what I can come up with D. I . y. that doesnt cost 800 bucks. I havent seen on anyones post of the testing for the pedal sensor? I did mine today, it failed first test, but passed the other two. So it has power and ground but the potentionmeter part failed. I think I shall remove it and carefully take it apart. I tend to do this with everything that is iffy. Do all my own alternators and starters.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A good scan tool will graph the various position sensor PIDs to see how they compare and if there are dropouts or non-linear tracking.

Eldiablo

Reaction score
A good scan tool will graph the various position sensor PIDs to see how they compare and if there are dropouts or non-linear tracking.
I did the testing on the pedal sensor, and it failed the first test. Also tonight I found not one set but two sets of connectors on the wiring for the throttle body. I cut all that out and soldered it up with heat shrink tubing. I was lining it out for the custom harness. I think it would be pretty simple. Pull the wires at the computer for the throttle body. Make a new set, I beleive there are 8 or 9 wires. Then pull the wires from the tac to the computer. Same thing make new ones and build a better set up going to the pedal sensor. Done. Probablly two hours once I have the schematic. ????????????Bet we could sell a bunch of them. Tomorrow the fuel injector connectors are coming. Ill get those installed and get er fired up. Oh and I ran a circuit breaker instead of fuse for that center red terminal on the fuse block. It only had.6 of a volt. Now it has 12 like the other two. That was probablly the problem. Thanx guys for putting up with me. When I have a problem like this, I research my butt off, and I learn very quickly. I am going to get that x tool d7 soon. I need it. Snap on sucks. lol.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh and I ran a circuit breaker instead of fuse for that center red terminal on the fuse block. It only had.6 of a volt. Now it has 12 like the other two. That was probablly the problem.

I may have missed it -- on what fuse block did you used a circuit breaker? Pics?

tylopes3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to forum so thanks for any help. I have an 09 Yukon and have been dealing with p1516 and TPD sensor codes for years. Been reading this forum for days and appreciate the information. Does anyone know a mechanic in the Denver area who is familiar with this issue and will look at the ground issue instead of just telling me I need a new TB/ TPS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy