Transmission Service? keep old fluid or put new..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow is that what these millennials are doing these days is reusing old transmission fluid?!

Putting the old fluid back in the transmission kind of defeats the purpose of changing the fluid out doesn’t it?!?!

Like others have said why is this even a question?!

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow is that what these millennials are doing these days is reusing old transmission fluid?!

Putting the old fluid back in the transmission kind of defeats the purpose of changing the fluid out doesn’t it?!?!

my intention was not to change the fluid but only the AUX pump it's costing me 80$ for the fluid...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my intention was not to change the fluid but only the AUX pump it's costing me 80$ for the fluid...
I’m not transmission expert BUT….. if you’re changing the pump out, again why would you put old fluid back in?! That’s like taking a shower and putting you’re soiled underwear on after showering…. :doublepuke:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Plus, why put old fluid back in, when you install a new filter? You are doing the filter, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn