Fluids! Clear the confusion. What are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t overthink it, just get fresh fluid in it.

Used Amsoil 75w90 on both. Have changed it twice:

Trans needs new fluid. Did mine at 45k, 84k, 100k:

Flush brake system:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/don’t-forget-to-flush-your-brake-system-3yrs-or-45k.101226/

Plugs changed:

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my confusion mostly was with the front diff information. The book says 80w90 but I can’t find any videos tutorials or websites that recommend 80w90 for the front. It’s all 75 90. Wondering if GM changed specs after a couple years?
...and remember back in the day you could order complete maintenance manuals for your ride ( didn't cost that much) and they reminded you that you had to replace the 'blinker fluid' when needed.

Blinker Fluid 2.jpg

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if y’all wouldn’t mind helping me out and steering me in the Right direction that would be awesome.

And what brands do you guys prefer?
Run fluids which are compatible with what the manufacturer recommends, feel free to exceed spec if applicable (dexron III instead of dexron II or synthetic instead of dino as examples).

Beyond spec, brand doesn't matter. You aren't going to 'save an engine' by running Mobile1 vs Amazon 5w-30 for example.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In any situation where 5W30 motor oil is called for, 0W30 is either perfectly acceptable or superior.

If 80W90 gear oil is called for, why would 75W90 gear oil not be either perfectly acceptable or superior?