torque management vs. shift schedule

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would like to throw this out to the tuners or those who truly know, I am sure others will be very interested as well.

let me start by saying, I love the performance of a black bear tune, but have no way to compare on my Tahoe...I have installed and driven quite regularly , a 2011 2500 truck with a tuned 6.0.

now, what I would like to know is this,

1. when reducing the TM, is it allowing less convertor slippage, or what is controlling the amount of torque to the ground ?

I recently played with a friends old SUPERCHIPS CORTEX tuner, and it did make a huge difference in the drivability in this Tahoe,

BUT, the shift timing under half or WOT situations is way off. it ran up the RPM to 5000 , felt like it quit pulling, and then shifted with a loud chirping of the tires,,,i have tried to change the SPEED / RPM of the shift point, but it only allows increases, not decreases.

2. does the black bear tune act this way, I can only hope not. all other shift seem fine, it is just the 1-2 upshift at half or more throttle.

ANY SUGGESTIONS, aside form getting black bear tunes ( I already intend to ) I am just learning the SC tuner, as to be able to help him with his truck.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Diablo Trinity can do a lot more with the shift, +/- on firmness, +/- on the speed of the shift. You can adjust the WOT shift rpm, up shifts, down shifts, even all the shifts in tow/haul mode. I'm sure I'm missing something in there.

Most Hated

Reaction score
On an s10 i had the TM reduced timing through the shift to help with trans life.