Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
View attachment 403141mines a 76. "Disco Nova". As the nova guys call them. 36ish thousand miles when i got it in 2014. Probably should make a thread on it sometime. Originally a 6 cylinder car and i have the 6 cylinder and original transmission in storage. The original rearend died a grisly death with the v8 swap.
I'll see your driveway crack and raise you two.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 403141mines a 76. "Disco Nova". As the nova guys call them. 36ish thousand miles when i got it in 2014. Probably should make a thread on it sometime. Originally a 6 cylinder car and i have the 6 cylinder and original transmission in storage. The original rearend died a grisly death with the v8 swap.
I remember those. I love the sleeper look.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember those. I love the sleeper look.
Oh it is a sleeper too. But next time it needs tires im going to have to upgrade the wheels to some steel lowend factory 15s. The correct size 14s are more expensive than im willing to pay. Hell they ran me more than the tires for my Tahoe.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Unheard-of condition in that part of the Land of Lincoln. :)

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sleeper!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Talked to the guy who has the Hoe. Very, very minor update--
"Ok, so I had some time to mess around with the truck for a few hours today. There is a software patch for the exact codes for your year and pcm hardware issue but can't for the life of me get it to load. Keep getting error codes. I'm taking the truck to work Monday and going to try to call into tech support during lunch. Also both front abs speed sensor are coded up. You want me to replace them while I have it ?"
I then asked about the crazy fuel trims and if it was still running ******--
"Yes. Barely runs and it's giving all sorts of tps and maf codes but it literally tells you in the GM tech line l software that , that software number has a update due to throttle choking and maf miscalibration and to perform update. So I click the update, it's downloads but keeps giving error 4492 and says try again. I tried like 30 times and tech support doesn't work weekends".

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So, the mechanic that has it now is at a complete loss as to what's going on with it. The good news is there's no charge since he wasn't able to fix anything.
He's going to drop it off to Tune Time Performance in Lakewood NJ. This is the tuner that LSXMatt on youtube uses. They seem to know what they're doing--I guess(hope). If they can't sort it out I think I'm just gonna sell it. I'm out of options, ideas and money--but mostly patience.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10