Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteZL1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am from Las Vegas, and to say I am frustrated with the ordering process is an understatement.

I got in line with one dealer who has ten people ahead of me back in November of 2022.

The line has stayed the same since.

I went to the other dealers, and one of them lied and said they would have an allocation in Jan; they took a 1000 dollar deposit. January passed, and no order number went to the dealer and found out that there had been at least another lady ahead of me since June of 2022. I got my deposit back.

I started looking at other states and the majority of the dealers; even though it shows in transit, the vehicle is fulfilling someone's order and is not available.

A dealer in AZ is getting 7 of them, and they are all called for, and the guy told me he has a waiting list that will go through the rest of 2023, if not 2024.

I found 2 Tahoes in California, and they are marked up by 5 thousand.

What I am failing to understand is that evidently, there is a huge demand for this vehicle, which could be profitable both for the dealers and GM, yet it does not seem like GM is doing anything to meet the demand. Please let me know if anyone knows a dealer with an allocation.

Thank you

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am from Las Vegas, and to say I am frustrated with the ordering process is an understatement.

I got in line with one dealer who has ten people ahead of me back in November of 2022.

The line has stayed the same since.

I went to the other dealers, and one of them lied and said they would have an allocation in Jan; they took a 1000 dollar deposit. January passed, and no order number went to the dealer and found out that there had been at least another lady ahead of me since June of 2022. I got my deposit back.

I started looking at other states and the majority of the dealers; even though it shows in transit, the vehicle is fulfilling someone's order and is not available.

A dealer in AZ is getting 7 of them, and they are all called for, and the guy told me he has a waiting list that will go through the rest of 2023, if not 2024.

I found 2 Tahoes in California, and they are marked up by 5 thousand.

What I am failing to understand is that evidently, there is a huge demand for this vehicle, which could be profitable both for the dealers and GM, yet it does not seem like GM is doing anything to meet the demand. Please let me know if anyone knows a dealer with an allocation.

Thank you

I think there's a still a decent amount of pent up demand for all full size 3 row 1/2 ton based SUVs. However, I would imagine GM is working hard to increase production capacity because it doesn't necessarily want to give up some of its market share to competitors (Ford, Wagoneer, and (distant) Toyota).

I'm adjusting my purchasing choices for 2024. I may end up choosing either the Ford F150, GMC Sierra 3500 SRW or Ford SD F-350 SRW in 2024 and put off a purchase o fa full size 1/2 ton based SUV to 2026-2028. That should be sufficient time for manufacturers to build enough production capacity to meet demand. Heck, they've done it for 1/2 ton pickups which are, arguably, over supplied at the moment.

jthoske

Reaction score
I'm just starting my order journey. Deposit paid Monday 2/20/23 for:

2023 Yukon Denali 4WD
White Frost Tri-Coat Exterior / Black Interior
3.0 Duramax
Sunroof
Adaptive Cruise Control
Black Nameplates

PPF, aftermarket wheels and tires, and front window tint upon delivery.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's a still a decent amount of pent up demand for all full size 3 row 1/2 ton based SUVs. However, I would imagine GM is working hard to increase production capacity because it doesn't necessarily want to give up some of its market share to competitors (Ford, Wagoneer, and (distant) Toyota).

I'm adjusting my purchasing choices for 2024. I may end up choosing either the Ford F150, GMC Sierra 3500 SRW or Ford SD F-350 SRW in 2024 and put off a purchase o fa full size 1/2 ton based SUV to 2026-2028. That should be sufficient time for manufacturers to build enough production capacity to meet demand. Heck, they've done it for 1/2 ton pickups which are, arguably, over supplied at the moment.

GM is pausing production on its 1/2 ton pickups because they've reached 100 days of supply for inventory.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GM is pausing production on its 1/2 ton pickups because they've reached 100 days of supply for inventory.
Local dealer was at $5K off MSRP on all 1/2 tons. Just checked a minute ago and they're up to $7.5K off - $10K off if you qualify for the loyalty rebate.

Makes you wonder if GM starts diverting resources to Arlington, SUV output will increase or if there's other factors that limit that plants output? It's a huge undertaking to retool a plant to make a new model, but I'm a bit surprised they don't have more than one plant building the SUV platform - there's 3 plants building the pickups right now...

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealer was at $5K off MSRP on all 1/2 tons. Just checked a minute ago and they're up to $7.5K off - $10K off if you qualify for the loyalty rebate.

Makes you wonder if GM starts diverting resources to Arlington, SUV output will increase or if there's other factors that limit that plants output? It's a huge undertaking to retool a plant to make a new model, but I'm a bit surprised they don't have more than one plant building the SUV platform - there's 3 plants building the pickups right now...

I agree that it will take too long to retool a plant for a new model - it's probably a subject that an industrial engineer would have better insight on.

I think the problem with 1/2 ton pickups is that there's sufficient competition and GM 1/2 tons just don't have the features that would make them stand out from the competition. There are some serious deficiencies relative to the competition such as a 24 gallon gas tank and Ford's factory 2.0kW inverter option is unique as a factory option.

Can GM's 3 plants that build the 1/2 ton pickup also build the HD pickup or are those different plants? Ford just closed ordering for 2023 Super Duty so that's an area where GM should aim to increase production if it's capable of doing so quickly.

bk_Dmax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got an update from my dealer. Constraints are still showing on Max trailer and Advanced Tech/Reserve Packages. System has timeline of April. If I dropped those options I could place the order immediately for my XL Denali 3.0 Dmax. I'm holding out and waiting on the tech packages with hope the constraints drop sooner rather than later.

1677249234575.png

1677249105489.png

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that it will take too long to retool a plant for a new model - it's probably a subject that an industrial engineer would have better insight on.

I think the problem with 1/2 ton pickups is that there's sufficient competition and GM 1/2 tons just don't have the features that would make them stand out from the competition. There are some serious deficiencies relative to the competition such as a 24 gallon gas tank and Ford's factory 2.0kW inverter option is unique as a factory option.

Can GM's 3 plants that build the 1/2 ton pickup also build the HD pickup or are those different plants? Ford just closed ordering for 2023 Super Duty so that's an area where GM should aim to increase production if it's capable of doing so quickly.

couple weekends ago took a 1000 mile "trip" and after taking a quick glance at most of the dealerships alongside the interstate as i zipped by...Ford seems to be only HD brand that doesn't have any trucks sitting on the lots. Ram dealers are hit and miss, but generally speaking most have a few new ones on the lot and GMC/Chevy lots are full of HDs. Even the smaller dealer may have 6-10 sitting there...

pruittatl

Reaction score
Got an update from my dealer. Constraints are still showing on Max trailer and Advanced Tech/Reserve Packages. System has timeline of April. If I dropped those options I could place the order immediately for my XL Denali 3.0 Dmax. I'm holding out and waiting on the tech packages with hope the constraints drop sooner rather than later.

View attachment 392903

View attachment 392902
MAN.. this chart is nice, pretty cool that your dealer shared it with you! I would agree with what you and your dealership said as mine said the same around max trailering a few weeks ago when placing my order for denali xl w/ 3.0.. I was tired of waiting around and with our first baby on the way I decided to move forward without it.

bk_Dmax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MAN.. this chart is nice, pretty cool that your dealer shared it with you! I would agree with what you and your dealership said as mine said the same around max trailering a few weeks ago when placing my order for denali xl w/ 3.0.. I was tired of waiting around and with our first baby on the way I decided to move forward without it.
Yeah I hear that! Have time on our side so figured we could wait it out. Was pretty happy to see the dealer actually share tangible information. Half the time this constraint/allocation stuff sounds like complete voodoo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC