Sticky fingers deterrent.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roilux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first '01 Tahoe was broken into four times and stolen once. Dumb luck brought it back a day later.

The radio was stock with a CD changer nestled in a rear compartment. All thieves got were were receipts, pens & on one occasion the owner's manual. When street racers totaled that Tahoe I replaced it with an '04 Tahoe. I'm no quitter when it comes to a great vehicle platform.

I've only had one attempted break in on the '04 with the discovery of a weirdly filed key in the door lock. That was all the motivation I needed to keep a newly installed Sony head unit hidden from prying eyes and sticky fingers.

Step one. Buy a faceplate off eBay for $10 and cannibalize it for just the front bits.
Step two. Fashion a plastic cover to mount it in that would also cover a double din head unit.
Step three. Glue magnets inside the instrument bezel and on the back of the plastic cover.
Step four. Tint the front windows.
Step five. Run USB cables to right side power outlet in console for head unit connectivity.
Step six. Remember to use very visible brake lock to deter unscheduled vehicle departures and attach faceplate.

The JVC faceplate works well and when the right seat is occupied, I sometimes still get ribbing about playing cassettes.
C.C.R. anybody? ;)

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019