Side molding...to remove or not to remove

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think? Black 04 LT with stock wheels (for now...22s to come), 10% tint, will be getting a black and chrome grill/shell. i removed the fender flares this weekend. i dont really like the factory plastic molding pieces but it does break up the door vs it being one big ass smooth door. opinions? pics of anyones before and after who has done this?

BTW, if anyone wants these fender flares let me know. theyre in great shape but i wont be needing them anymore.

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
If you have the painted ones, like the ones in 06tahoe's sig then I would sit on it. Sometimes when people debadge their truck it doesn't look all that great IMO. But if it's the black plastic ones, then I say go for it.

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes

that's the only answer you need, all of these trucks look 100x better with the moulding removed (denali's may be the only exception tot his rule, but it depends on the truck)

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I think it looks a million times better without, especially if it's the black molding. The painted molding isn't horrible but I still like it better without.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
+1 on removing the moldings i just did mines this weekend and i gotta say can't be any happier. Check on my link i posted a few pics of my truck with out moldings and debadge

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welp, thats all the information i need. theyre coming off this friday. ill post pics if you guys want.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple before and after photos of mine which is black also so you can visually compare:

DSC05403.jpg

DSC_2859.jpg

DSC06860.jpg

DSC_2862.jpg

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks JK...sharp looking ride. i think i like it much better without. btw, is that the street scenes grille shell and insert?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I just did mine and it makes it look alot lower i think. Since im going for lift im gonna pull my running boards and hopefully it will look normal again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65