RedRadioFlyer's 2004 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RedRadioFlyer

RedRadioFlyer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whelp, she gone. Change your oil boys and girls.

Ij6OwfI.jpg

Guy made me a good offer on the wheels and tires too so they stayed with it. It's going to live on with another car guy at least, he's going to put a cammed and stroked 6.0 and a 4l80 hes been building into it. Told him to keep me updated on progress with pics/vids. Sad about it all, but moving on...

Bought this: 2015 Yukon SLT 4x4, Pearl White. Loaded summgun, its nice but payments will suck for awhile. Got a pretty square deal on it, and after putting about 1k miles on it doesnt to have some of the issues with that model year (condenser was replaced, no roof buffeting, DOD lifter noise, etc.). Debadged it, threw some ***** vinyl emblem stickers on, and cleaned it up a bit. I like it, but it feels more like a luxury car than a truck. Once I recover, and we do the house buy and wedding/honeymoon deal I'll either buy an SSS or an RCSB and 6.0 swap it with the top end I tore off of the Tahoe. Pics as it sits now, boring as funk.

hzDrh6C.jpg
eUoxRRr.jpg
qjatc4k.jpg

Going to have to stay mostly stock for awhile. Ill probably level it and put some wheels from the correct era on it (thinking brushed honeycombs with some 33" ATs), and otherwise leave it alone until its mostly paid off then decide whats next. Ill make a photo thread if it ever gets exciting.