Koala's 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled my glove box sticker from my original glove box and stuck it on some wax paper so I can move it over to the new glove box from the console swap. This was super easy with a hear dryer on high and a plastic razor blade peeled right off and transferred ready to go..

20190210_173721.jpg

unfortunately today I was omw home my driver side hub gave out grinding like crazy so I have a task for tomarrow due to the cv axle needs to be done aswell

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it was my wheel hub that was gone got that changed today no more grinding and wonder how I didnt notice it was hub sooner it drives so much better dosent wonder as much anymore other than sliding in the snow.

I did however figure out the LTE portion of my car computer, what I thought was gonna be a couple of hours of fighting it turned out into a whole day or two job... sigh at least I figured it out and was able to report my changes upstream I helped to fix it, waiting on a couple of small items to show up before tearing down dash again gonna add a couple usb ports to replace 12v port up front.

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well another one done on the car computer a 10 dollar amazon utv007 chipset usb video I was able to wire my rear view cam back into my infotainment system and cleaned up power box. Screwed up my lte stuff so the hotspot needs some work -.- oh well.. at least the rear cam is back in
20190310_212905.jpg
20190310_212858.jpg 20190310_212921.jpg

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got it figured out and working the infotainment system is working as a hot spot =D

also figured out the double overlay issue i had with the rear view cam since my cam has the lines built into the camera itself ended up disabling the one on the software side and all looks good now
20190311_190623.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That crazy . Big selling point for new vehicles is gps, infotainment and hotspot and you have it all in your 05 Tahoe .
Now if there was a way to add hvac to the system

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know one can dream, I'd love to get more built in to the Infotainment system, but a bit beyond my knowledge so far learn more about this as I go :)

OP
OP
KookyKoala

KookyKoala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i know its been a few months but stuff had come up and i ended up with a new toy, kinda got me distracted from the Tahoe.

For my antenna delete.

I took a long section of 24g Wire wound it around were the antenna mounted and ran it up and slipped it into the seal of the windshield. Works beautifully I actually went up in reception on the channel i tend to turn on checked a couple others should have taken a before and after to see how it affected my signal but oh well that part has been sitting in the garage since it was cold.
20190617_183552[1].jpg
20190617_175111[1].jpg 20190617_175121[1].jpg 20190617_175551[1].jpg

So my new toy is an Ender 3 3D printer, i found a radio spacer so i can push my radio out a little bit due to the RCA's don't have quite enough room to all fit behind the center console
20190407_225736[1].jpg

Next up i need to get the LED's In the rear vents, and tie them into the break lights, and under hood led's (shall be fun since my truck doesn't come factory with a hood pin ill have to add one in order to set those led's up or i might get lazy and just put them on a toggle switch near battery so easy turn on when i need them :)

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i know its been a few months but stuff had come up and i ended up with a new toy, kinda got me distracted from the Tahoe.

For my antenna delete.

I took a long section of 24g Wire wound it around were the antenna mounted and ran it up and slipped it into the seal of the windshield. Works beautifully I actually went up in reception on the channel i tend to turn on checked a couple others should have taken a before and after to see how it affected my signal but oh well that part has been sitting in the garage since it was cold.
View attachment 225111
View attachment 225107 View attachment 225108 View attachment 225109

So my new toy is an Ender 3 3D printer, i found a radio spacer so i can push my radio out a little bit due to the RCA's don't have quite enough room to all fit behind the center console
View attachment 225110

Next up i need to get the LED's In the rear vents, and tie them into the break lights, and under hood led's (shall be fun since my truck doesn't come factory with a hood pin ill have to add one in order to set those led's up or i might get lazy and just put them on a toggle switch near battery so easy turn on when i need them :)
You can just buy an oem gravity switch, they’re cheap. Then just wire the leds into it so they automatically come on when you open the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon