Its TIME to TOUCH exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys going to need suggestions and writeups to any links etc to some of my questions. Im going for a sporty tuff look to compliment my truck.

2001 Tahoe LT Blacked out, I will post some pics of how she currently sits.
My truck has been LOWERED 2/3 drop >>> then it has been LIFTED 1.5 inches >>>> Now its back LEVELED 2wd height, with some wheel spacers to bring the meat out more, and I really like this look. Im not sure if I would have liked it lowered and spaced out better, but for now she will stay leveled so she can perform truck duties. The truck already has 2.5% tint with 35% windshield already. The roof-rack was removed and then replaced, as I think its gives the roof more balance to the curves and the signature Tahoe look. Just using the end rails. I have also removed the foot steps just to replace them back, cause these truck frames look hideous. Without the roof-rack and steps, the thing looks like a big station wagon. So they both are back on.

Truck is fully debadged as well, but I would not mind remoulding it to give more 3d, and break apart the door and door lines again. But I could live with it debadged still.

Now I also added the spoiler/lower air dam from the 05+ trucks, and it widened the front look alot, making it wider and lower to ground. But Im really starting to hate the look of the air dam, but I damaged both airdam and valance so they are both coming off. and maybe for good. The thing about the airdam/chin spoiler is that it almost creases and makes that lip like a V. I rather the stock valance just flowing the 1 direction, but the airdam, flows back the opposite way. Just dont look right, IMO. My current wheels are 305/50/20s, think Im staying with them. Big trucks look funny with small tires.

NOW things I plan to do goes like this....

I know Im getting a HD hood for sure, and I would like to do the HD grill and bumper as well.

My side mirror is cracked since I purchased my truck, and the step light bulbs are blown as well, and Im thinking about just replacing it with the LED Arrow mirrors, and hardwiring them up so they work like stock. (not scared to wire them myself at all.)

Im going to remove my OnStar antenna on the driver backside window as well. Maybe sometime today.

Going to install DENALI rear bumper or covers, maybe even side molding and foot steps If I can hunt them down. Sorta dont like my foot steps either. Maybe I find another type OEM step as well.

I also plan to get the black reflective housing head and park lights, and titnted rear tail lights.

Decisions, Decisions, but I need to make my mind up before I take her into the body shop for repaint, frame off restoration.

Here is the last set of pics I took while leveled, but she is a bit more level now since I brought the front down a lil more.
71f0d402.jpg

c3c9a356.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removed the stupid air dam add on, truck looks mucho better. Also with the front decranked a good bit more she looks nice, I will get some recent pics up. I will leave up the pics of the rear end as thats how it sits

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b8ea732c-1.jpg

8e0f9dea-1.jpg

a1e99d05-1.jpg

8d1659b1.jpg

5e7e3bba.jpg

6151c2a0.jpg

removed OnStar antenna crap from exterior
7cda1c2b.jpg
f6645c72-1.jpg

ianb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hopefully washing it is on the list of things to do. :cheers:

Good plans, Hd front end on these things looks awesome.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed one of the vent caps is broken. Going with a set if the same? Could go with esky caps or smooth. Any pics from the front?

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully washing it is on the list of things to do. :cheers:

Good plans, Hd front end on these things looks awesome.
Yep, hadnt been wash in a year. But in no hurry too either, prob wash it this summer or before the paint & body.

Noticed one of the vent caps is broken. Going with a set if the same? Could go with esky caps or smooth. Any pics from the front?
Yep, was like that when I bought the truck over 5years ago. Im going to replace it with the same type before the body work. No pics of the front just yet. I pulled the lower airdam, and I have a crack in my valance corner. I would like to replace my valance, and add the HD hood if that is the minimum I do.

Was removing the OnStar stuff difficult?
No, did it in 5 mins with a razor blade.

Im really thinking of going back with a 2/3 drop. Nothing too low. but not sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts