Side molding...to remove or not to remove

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
You will always see my Tahoe in the back 40. Better than a door ding IMO.

Until one of those little cart pushin bastards gives a cart a little ghost ride and sends it into the side of your ride..........

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt even think about the fact i could remove mine till the day i picked it up from paint...

this time theyll be off before it gets dropped off!

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i cant waitt o rip them ***** off...if it were painted to match like some of the denalis id leave it but that black plastic look is terrible

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow. it took 45 secs to pull them off and over 45 mins to clean it up. i used goof off, goo gone, gas, heat gun, nothing would get that adhesive off! i called EVERYWHERE looking for a damn 3m eraser wheel. i finally found it 30 mins from hom at napa and went and paid $40 for it. while it was costly it was worth every penny. jesus that thing made life easy. i wish i had it when i took the fender flares off. carquest also has them for $29 but were out of stock.

i like the look of it alot better w/o the flares and molding. unfortunately there are pretty deep hairline sratches on the doors and fenders. i washed it, clayed it, used some meguires scratch x remover, and waxed it. it looks better but you can still see it up close. ill take it for a professional detail in a few weeks. ill post pocs as soon as the weather clears up.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they've already saved my doors from dings 5-6 times in 2 months.

Otherwise I'd be hard pressed NOT to remove them.

I like the look of everyones hoes debadged but, like Eagle its the door ding worry that has been stopping me. I try to becareful where I park and even park away but, seems even when I park way out I come out to ******'s parked next to me. I had one fool throw his door out against my passenger side while I was sitting in it with the windows down. Burned me up. HE like it's okay no damage hit the plastic. **** that! I can not and will not disclose the rest. :)

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, i had some dbag scuff the hell out of the molding on my drivers side rear door. Looked like they were turning into the space and scraped about a foot and a half before backing out and leaving....(no note) The molding took the brunt of it, but i got some rubbing just beneath it on the paint.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's a pic i just took. weather is still ****** but damn black looks good when it rains. tomorrow will be another story when the sun comes out! pic is once i removed the fender flares and the side molding. roof rack cross bars are next and once i decide how to best plug the holes i'll likely remove the whole thing.

a402dee1.jpg

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know. damn. ill fix it later tonight. apparantly photobucket is considered "entertainment" by the web filters at work. who knew?

if anyone knows a good filter bypass ill fix it. send a link. the damn filters also block the filter bypass pages!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove