Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I was looking at the space that's under the seats when they're folded up. There's space there, and when they're down there's space. But during the process of folding them up or down, they swing down into that space so it's a no-go. The truck utilizes every bit of space back there except a few inches on the back wall, enough for amps back there. I had read a thread about building a box behind the seat, on the wall, but when I found it again today I realized the dudes truck was a NBS. They have room back there. So here I am.

Not even enough room for a good ol trusty Bazooka tube?... lol

A couple of 8" bazookas wouldn't sound bad if you could fit them back there.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go for broke and install a passthrough. :chewie:
Only sorta kidding. Subs are tough in a truck. Console sub box?

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the early 2000s there was a guy making a sealing MDF sub box seat bottom replacements on eBay, they replaced the bottom part of the center seat/console and bolted right to the mounting brackets. I got one for a 99’ Dodge Ram to fit a Kicker 10” L5. It was like $125 plus shipping and when you ordered you told him which fabric your vehicle had and he would match it. I had the gray interior with the multi-color panels where you sit, he put the same gray on the sides of the box and put the multi-color stuff on the top, looked just like the seat. Sub was down firing and the top where you sit if you flipped up the armrest console was padded enough that 99% of people had no clue it was there. And it boomed, sitting directly above a 10” kicker on 600watts is more than enough for a crew cab.

You could easily make one. Same as building any regular sub box, just have to drill and set some anchors to bolt it to the brackets, and then get foam and fabric and pad the outside with foam to get the shape and wrap it up. I can help with design plans :)

Edit: second thought I second @yates ™ build a wall!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve installed one of those all in one sub combos. It was a nvx brand and it really surprised me how much bass actually came out of it. Super clean sounding and really added that missing element to a stock system (I am not a professional so I did the best I could with my wire routing lol)
View attachment 196829
I remember you buying this now..... hmmm

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Cause all the cool kids are here. There's a few good guys at gmfullsize but there's a bunch of di*cks over there too that like to try and chase people away. It kind of reminds me of middle school sometimes. Same 6 guys all the time.
*cough cough* ScottZ71 *cough cough*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84