Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that do? Does the parking brake normally have to be set to get the deck to display video?
Yes, it has the be set and the NNBS have some sort of circuit so you can't just jumper the wires so it sees a set parking brake. This has a circuit that mimics that signal. I tried playing a DVD before and it would say it was illegal to watch video in the front seat while moving and I needed to set the parking brake. Now it just says to hit "OK" if I've set the brake, released it, and set it again. Then the movie plays. Not sure why it wants me to set it twice but the bypass works. It's a super simple setup- one wire to ground, one to the amp turn-on and one to the park brake wire going into the HU.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok after further research, the behind the rear seat location is not possible for subs. Plus I went and looked lol. There's no room, not behind them and not under them when I want to keep the option to fold them up which I do because my Husky likes the floor area to run back and forth in to stick his nose out of both windows. So...I am limited to either the area under the front middle seat which is currently a storage area which I don't use or under the front seats. I don't know if I want to tackle making a sub box out of the middle storage area although JL makes a Stealthbox for about $600 that holds a 10" sub and I'd still need an amp. No thanks. That leaves under the front seat so I want to look into this option. I know I won't get serious bass from this option but all I really want is SOME bass. Kicker makes an 8" powered sub for $300 and Sound Ordinance the same for about half that. I'm looking for input from anybody that has heard one of these under-seat powered subs, or another brand. There's quite a few.

g20611HS8-o_frongangle.jpg

x13694351-o.jpg

g777B8PTD-F.jpg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to say the HVAC looks way better at night now. I thought I had a pic of what it looked like at night after the first time I put the stickers on the buttons but I guess not. I'll just say that I couldn't see the symbols very good at all so using the controls was a guess mostly. Now they're all clear and I can definitely see what's what. I'd still rather have a new control but for $160 I'll pass for now. This looks pretty damn good for the $12 it cost me.

IMG_8201.JPG

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ok after further research, the behind the rear seat location is not possible for subs. Plus I went and looked lol. There's no room, not behind them and not under them when I want to keep the option to fold them up which I do because my Husky likes the floor area to run back and forth in to stick his nose out of both windows. So...I am limited to either the area under the front middle seat which is currently a storage area which I don't use or under the front seats. I don't know if I want to tackle making a sub box out of the middle storage area although JL makes a Stealthbox for about $600 that holds a 10" sub and I'd still need an amp. No thanks. That leaves under the front seat so I want to look into this option. I know I won't get serious bass from this option but all I really want is SOME bass. Kicker makes an 8" powered sub for $300 and Sound Ordinance the same for about half that. I'm looking for input from anybody that has heard one of these under-seat powered subs, or another brand. There's quite a few.

g20611HS8-o_frongangle.jpg

x13694351-o.jpg

g777B8PTD-F.jpg

I am certain you have seen these... but just in case.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/360436525502

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/360536846881

Seat still lifts up... dog could walk on top without issue.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I'm happy to say the HVAC looks way better at night now. I thought I had a pic of what it looked like at night after the first time I put the stickers on the buttons but I guess not. I'll just say that I couldn't see the symbols very good at all so using the controls was a guess mostly. Now they're all clear and I can definitely see what's what. I'd still rather have a new control but for $160 I'll pass for now. This looks pretty damn good for the $12 it cost me.

View attachment 196828

Good job Sir.... way better.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

kbuskill

Reaction score
I run with my seats up all the time though and I like the clean look. But yeah I looked into that kind of a setup. I need stealth lol.

I gotcha... the way I read your post sounded to me like the underseat boxes you were looking at wouldn't allow the seat to be lifted.... my bad.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve installed one of those all in one sub combos. It was a nvx brand and it really surprised me how much bass actually came out of it. Super clean sounding and really added that missing element to a stock system (I am not a professional so I did the best I could with my wire routing lol)
5A056E3B-FFDF-4D02-BCFB-80C27CD0EE06.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotcha... the way I read your post sounded to me like the underseat boxes you were looking at wouldn't allow the seat to be lifted.... my bad.
I was looking at the space that's under the seats when they're folded up. There's space there, and when they're down there's space. But during the process of folding them up or down, they swing down into that space so it's a no-go. The truck utilizes every bit of space back there except a few inches on the back wall, enough for amps back there. I had read a thread about building a box behind the seat, on the wall, but when I found it again today I realized the dudes truck was a NBS. They have room back there. So here I am.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve installed one of those all in one sub combos. It was a nvx brand and it really surprised me how much bass actually came out of it. Super clean sounding and really added that missing element to a stock system (I am not a professional so I did the best I could with my wire routing lol)
View attachment 196829
NVX brand? Not MTX?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath