Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe things are different with the mini gatling compared to my FXRs but the shrouds used to slide on and grip over the part that holds the lens. You would put epoxy on that edge beside glass lens so the shroud doesn't come off. Either way if you secured with screws then its fine. You will really love the output and enjoy driving it at night!
Guess it's been a while I guess enough people complained that their shroud popped off inside the headlight. Now they must is screws. Nice build!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post up the bag once you get it out. I would say it has to rubbing on something.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sux. Now what?
A new airbag. Actually I think I want Slam Specialties new model, the SS8. It's rated for 250 PSI. So a pair. I'm going to see if a local shop that carries Slam's product has the SS series in stock. If not, my nephew has a pair of their RE series 200 PSI that I can borrow until the new ones get here. They're RE7's though which have 1/2" less lift so I'd need to swap the pair. It only takes a few minutes to swap them out. The hardest part was getting it towed home with the front laid on the ground.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
That sucks! Hope it didn't drag the bumper and front end too much laid out until you got it stopped. I'm with @yates ™ it had to rub or have a weak spot from something. My buddies air truck still hasn't blown a bag and its 13 years old now.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that does suck! Like @yates ™ eluded too there has to be a reason it blew so quickly. May wanna track down the culprit but I'm sure you know that LOL

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mystery solved. I found a shop that had bags in stock. I bought a new Slam RE-8 and installed it. Aired it up to 100 psi (first pic), looked ok. I was texting the PO and we looked at the old bag and it looked like something sharp had punctured it but I was in a hurry and didn't look close enough .So I was thinking something must have flown up from the freeway. Then I went back and blew it up to 140 psi and there it was- it was touching the knuckle of the control arm. I looked closer at the old bag and could see where it had been rubbing. At 160 psi it was pushing hard against the knuckle. I usually run at 140 around town for full steering.
IMG_8009.JPG IMG_8010.JPG IMG_8013.JPG

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Mystery solved. I found a shop that had bags in stock. I bought a new Slam RE-8 and installed it. Aired it up to 100 psi (first pic), looked ok. I was texting the PO and we looked at the old bag and it looked like something sharp had punctured it but I was in a hurry and didn't look close enough .So I was thinking something must have flown up from the freeway. Then I went back and blew it up to 140 psi and there it was- it was touching the knuckle of the control arm. I looked closer at the old bag and could see where it had been rubbing. At 160 psi it was pushing hard against the knuckle. I usually run at 140 around town for full steering.
View attachment 194745 View attachment 194746 View attachment 194747

Can you grind the knuckle down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts