Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK now that I kind of know what I'm doing and the high beam shutters aren't open I have a good cutoff. I adjusted horizontal, took them off and tightened the nuts on the projectors like the instructions say and they moved. I did this twice and they never got tight enough that they couldn't be grabbed and moved off horizontal so I leveled them, pulled them again, and epoxied the damn nuts in place. Once the Lord Fusor 108B sets they aren't moving any more. That stuff can hold a truck together. BTW the cutoff is low because the truck is laid out.

IMG_7989.JPG IMG_7990.JPG IMG_7992.JPG

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Laid out cutoff , only ones that can see the color flicker are small cats and bugs lol190163-78db672a8acb6fe923b13f63e093807d.jpg
Did TRS offer any advice how to tighten the bolt without it moving ? Makes sense to be a common question.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laid out cutoff , only ones that can see the color flicker are small cats and bugs lolView attachment 194683
Did TRS offer any advice how to tighten the bolt without it moving ? Makes sense to be a common question.
Color flicker? Wha? Anyway, I didn't ask them. The instructions say the plate the nut tightens against locks it in place and it probably did good enough since there's no way anybody would be able to grab the projectors and move them once the lenses are on but I didn't want any chance of them ever moving.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic shrouds that go over the projector have little clip tabs that hold them on. I put a dab of epoxy on them on final installment. Those little tabs like to break and then the shroud falls off.

Nice job

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plastic shrouds that go over the projector have little clip tabs that hold them on. I put a dab of epoxy on them on final installment. Those little tabs like to break and then the shroud falls off.

Nice job

You mean the plastic pieces that hold the bulbs in? My actual shrouds (mini gatling gun) have 4 screws that hold them to the projector. Thanks.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Color flicker - the sweet spot between the beam and and the cutoff, full of all the wonderful colors that the earth has given us.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Need more flicker!!! I drool watching my FXRs hit signs and truck tailgates! The shroud tabs where it holds onto the projector need a little epoxy so they stay on for good.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice job

[QUOTE="01Konvict, post: 1214238, member: 10670] The shroud tabs where it holds onto the projector need a little epoxy so they stay on for good.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you guys are talking about. The shrouds have 4 #2 Phillips screws that hold them to the projectors and they screw in solidly, I don't see any chance of them loosening up. Plus my projectors are mounted for good now , they're not coming back out unless I chip away the epoxy I just put over the nuts.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I don't understand what you guys are talking about. The shrouds have 4 #2 Phillips screws that hold them to the projectors and they screw in solidly, I don't see any chance of them loosening up. Plus my projectors are mounted for good now , they're not coming back out unless I chip away the epoxy I just put over the nuts.

Maybe things are different with the mini gatling compared to my FXRs but the shrouds used to slide on and grip over the part that holds the lens. You would put epoxy on that edge beside glass lens so the shroud doesn't come off. Either way if you secured with screws then its fine. You will really love the output and enjoy driving it at night!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts