Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well shit. I was thinking about the fact I’m planning on opening one of the headlights back up due to the dust. So of course I’m thinking is there anything else I’d like to do while this is happening and of course there is. I regret not spending the money on etching the lenses so they all match. The bulb color is easily changed to match. The projector etching isn’t and since I’m gonna open one up, I’ll open them both up and replace the Acmes with new Acmes with 6000k bulbs that are etched to match the Morimotos. It cost me the same as just plain Morimoto projectors. $40 for the Acmes, $110 for etching, and I ordered another pair of 6000k bulbs so I know they will all match. Gonna get these bitches right one way or another. Another $180 into these expensive things. Oh well. I just got the rest of my stimmy after the IRS processed my 2020 tax return and my income level dropped below the threshold. Yay!
Glutton for punishment lol!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The paint on the rear bumper has started flaking off. I see shiny chrome underneath so it looks like they didn’t even sand it before spraying. I ordered paint from automotivetouchup and I’ll do this myself. Headlights are pushed further back since right now I’m in the middle of a backyard makeover. The bumper will need to be done before the headlights, it looks horrible. ****** assholes. :mad:

4F967880-B94A-4180-9442-E05BDD32584F.jpeg 2B48A938-7874-4B1E-8F02-2E693A86EECA.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The paint on the rear bumper has started flaking off. I see shiny chrome underneath so it looks like they didn’t even sand it before spraying. I ordered paint from automotivetouchup and I’ll do this myself. Headlights are pushed further back since right now I’m in the middle of a backyard makeover. The bumper will need to be done before the headlights, it looks horrible. ****** assholes. :mad:

View attachment 279960 View attachment 279961
Well... do NOT like.. man, those clowns seem to have taken every damn shortcut possible. I swear, in the next 6 months, you will have rebuilt / refreshed the entire truck, minus some strategic chassis welds. [emoji35][emoji2959]

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

I wonder if sandblasting that chrome would help for the paint to adhere---if possible.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That sucks... Didn't know yours was chrome. When i did mine, I got the painted bumper

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Eh, I’m just gonna sand it. I’ll start with 60 grit. I don’t have a sandblaster. It’s not a big area and it’s relatively flat so that will work.

I have successfully sandblasted chrome and used a good "self etching" primer before painting but sanding will accomplish the same thing.

The self etching primer helps to bite into the chrome and adheres better.

Sucks that you have to do this but at least you will know that it is right when done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts