What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
You should really rethink those high speed runs unless you have tires specifically rated for those speeds. Not to mention you are in a very high center of gravity vehicle.
As mentioned before, you won't always see the damage done until you have a catastrophic tire loss.

There's a reason cars like my cousin's 200mph MC20 have tires that are stupid expensive.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the wire that clips to the side of the backrest can be replaced? Mine is broken on one side 20240426_114521.jpg20240426_114207.jpg

Attachments

• 20240426_114207.jpg
    20240426_114207.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240426_114521.jpg
    20240426_114521.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 0

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his tires are rated the same as mine 149mph, I have ran the same (speed rated) tires at sustained speeds under that, I don't think 145 on a 149 rated tire is no go, they are more than likely under rated anyway.
what would suck is a blow out which would likely end against a guard rail provided you were on flat land and can handle a vehicle, if you spin out/loose control then it's going to be a rollover, so wear your seatbelt.
high speed blow out's can cause some serious damage, seen video's of them it just shreds the metal like a blender

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
his tires are rated the same as mine 149mph, I have ran the same (speed rated) tires at sustained speeds under that, I don't think 145 on a 149 rated tire is no go, they are more than likely under rated anyway.
what would suck is a blow out which would likely end against a guard rail provided you were on flat land and can handle a vehicle, if you spin out/loose control then it's going to be a rollover, so wear your seatbelt.
high speed blow out's can cause some serious damage, seen video's of them it just shreds the metal like a blender
At a higher speed..... if a tires fails..... DO NOT touch the brake.... That is what causes the 'ouch'. Steer straight... allow the vehicle to slow..... Be CALM.....

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a z rated tire in good shape should be able to handle a quick pull to 145 and back without issue.

The speed rating is the maximum SUSTAINED speed, not the maximum intermittent speed. I agree that there's likely a safety margin in that. A tire manufacturer, especially a big-name performance tire maker isn't gonna risk their name with an over-rated tire. Any tire repairs (patches, plugs, etc.) compromise the tire and it can no longer be certified to that speed. Mine aren't old, were spec'ed for a truck, are properly inflated and have never been repaired or even damaged. IMO, the bigger concern is the aerodynamics and suspension. I've been 120+ countless times in this this heap, hitting dips in the road and it has never felt like it was letting loose.

Actually, I was holding a steady speed somewhere above 120 when I decided to download that app to see what I was actually doing. It opened up the app and it showed 125. Then I floored it to 145 and backed off. That ".3" is the odometer. So, 1.1 miles from 125-145 :shrug:

IMG_1287.PNG

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to see gm atleast accepting that an issue exists with these new engines.

I believe there's way more than that to it, or it's more wide spread than they are saying. theses new lt engine are just not right.

my buddy that has work trucks out of 7 newer gm trucks he had the only one that had the last of the 6.0 ls engine in it, no issues over the time he had it. every other LT truck was in the shop many times for weeks at a time. sadly it just got replaced and he's got a new one with the 6.6L in it. Will be interesting to see how this batch of fleet trucks last. my guess is not well.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At a higher speed..... if a tires fails..... DO NOT touch the brake.... That is what causes the 'ouch'. Steer straight... allow the vehicle to slow..... Be CALM.....

I still remember when Ford Explorers had those firestone tire issues. got blamed for killing people, I believe it was car and driver at the time rigged up a test that would blow out the front tire at highway speeds in a new Explorer. by the end they showed after testing a few times, they could literally hands off the wheel, blow out the front tire and 70mph, not touch the brakes, just left off the gas, it would pull slightly to that side and slow down with zero drama. all the roll over deaths and crashers were driver error and panic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy