2015 Silverado cuts off randomly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
My co workers new truck is having issues
He said he went to go park in a parking spot a couple days ago and she cut off halfway into the spot. Started back up perfectly fine and I issues. Then this morning he went to go leave the office and she done it again.
No lights no voltage drops that he is aware of… any of you guys with 2015+ ever experienced this issue? I almost assumed the battery is going bad and that I would start there by testing it but if the battery is shot wouldn’t it just die all together? And not start back up and drive with no issues? I also thought about recommending the big 3 upgrade what time he was checking his ground cables for corrosion.
Any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only issue I’m familiar with is that the main cable coming off the battery corrodes from the inside out. I replaced mine on a whim, it didn’t actually fix my problem that I was having (starter was dying). But when I replaced it, I cut the cable open to find the inside was almost completely green while the outer layer was still copper colored

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Only issue I’m familiar with is that the main cable coming off the battery corrodes from the inside out. I replaced mine on a whim, it didn’t actually fix my problem that I was having (starter was dying). But when I replaced it, I cut the cable open to find the inside was almost completely green while the outer layer was still copper colored
I told him to get the battery checked and think about doing the big 3 upgrade if he replaces the wires.
He don’t have anything extra electrical wise but I feel like he would still benefit from it don’t you think?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told him to get the battery checked and think about doing the big 3 upgrade if he replaces the wires.
He don’t have anything extra electrical wise but I feel like he would still benefit from it don’t you think?
If he’s bone stock I’d just replace all the cables With the exact same set up that’s there. I don’t see it being beneficial to do the big 3 if he has no intention to add any high powered aftermarket stuff.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
If he’s bone stock I’d just replace all the cables With the exact same set up that’s there. I don’t see it being beneficial to do the big 3 if he has no intention to add any high powered aftermarket stuff.
He was talking about it taking longer to start then normal i figured the extra voltage would help the starter out I know it did on my Tahoe she starts almost instantly since my big 3 swap. Like the first couple cranks

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Plus getting his local marine boat shop to pre make the cables would be cheaper then buying new factory cables

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has had a similar issues I've noticed when making very tight, slow, parking lot turns at full lock. It's happened twice now where it shut off completely and I had to give it a second to turn back on. Car goes back to default modes like FM radio and I have to index the drivers window and passenger window up and down.
Maybe I'll pop the hood today and check the battery connections.
Was also thinking of checking the grounds to make sure everything looks good there too.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Mine has had a similar issues I've noticed when making very tight, slow, parking lot turns at full lock. It's happened twice now where it shut off completely and I had to give it a second to turn back on. Car goes back to default modes like FM radio and I have to index the drivers window and passenger window up and down.
Maybe I'll pop the hood today and check the battery connections.
Was also thinking of checking the grounds to make sure everything looks good there too.
I’m leaning towards battery cables also but I don’t know if my buddy got em fixed this week while we were off work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts