Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The pictures are kind of confusing. I’m pretty sure the first one was with both sets on before I adjusted the passenger one, then there’s a pic of each set on separately. The color difference is the indicator. Then the last 2 in the post with the demon eyes are with both sets on and adjusted. Sorry, I’m tired...:(. And yes my driveway is a POS. It’s old like me. About the same age I think. :mad:
The Demon Eyes are still cool. Not bad for an old man ;):D

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One last set of pics before I go to bed. Now that it’s darker I can see the upper and lower sets better. The upper Morimoto’s are whiter and sit a couple inches higher than the more yellow ish Acmes. But pretty damn even and consistent with both sets of steps lining up too.

E65D0E72-04FA-4259-9557-09BC37706CED.jpeg D1E0CD3F-FCA9-446C-9BDC-64045866E405.jpeg FB0FC34E-1F4E-43F3-A3F0-D8E778F35405.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...I swear those pics look different than the actual lighting on the garage door. In the pics it looks like the whiter ones are on the bottom but on the wall they look opposite. And I swear the lower sets project a few inches lower than the upper sets. Love the blue line though.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished up today. I re-did all the wiring, added split loom, lengthened or shortened harnesses as necessary so they look like they’re made to fit, which they are. I removed all 4 load resistors too since the BCM flash eliminated hyperflash. I replaced the positive battery post. Replaced all the ****** zip ties with the low profile ones. Some pics here just because I spent all day on this tedious shit.

9F045822-D637-46A9-941F-E63FCC37C7FB.jpeg AA9F37FB-243A-4731-83A9-073F1173C930.jpeg D71AF05C-47A9-47EA-94DA-280885FCDC97.jpeg B7110B95-1E21-4423-89DF-5ABE3DBCCAFE.jpeg 80218194-E40E-487E-A692-A934D3466BB4.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the finished product. I will change the bulbs out on the new projectors to match the originals. I also might have to bake one open again and clean some dust out that got in as I was removing some of the epoxy around the projector nuts so I could install the holders, using my Dremel. I plugged the small
bulb hole but didn’t even notice the bigger hole around the back of the projector because I didn’t put the big rubber grommet in. FML, some dust entered. I’ll see if it bothers me or if it will settle somewhere out of sight. I think they came out good. I’ll get some night time pics too. 3B197806-904F-4BE9-B922-13FB28E716A1.jpegCB994ED0-D7CA-4F7C-9D5D-A08FD7B97BC1.jpeg6DEE8F29-0886-402D-8E7D-7BD40F00FF56.jpeg7F05B9C2-364F-4CBE-B371-9F1E6A96B174.jpeg4E2BBFB0-0D2F-4835-95A2-B7EA680337BC.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And the finished product. I will change the bulbs out on the new projectors to match the originals. I also might have to bake one open again and clean some dust out that got in as I was removing some of the epoxy around the projector nuts so I could install the holders, using my Dremel. I plugged the small
bulb hole but didn’t even notice the bigger hole around the back of the projector because I didn’t put the big rubber grommet in. FML, some dust entered. I’ll see if it bothers me or if it will settle somewhere out of sight. I think they came out good. I’ll get some night time pics too. View attachment 276544View attachment 276545View attachment 276546View attachment 276547View attachment 276548
Shit ton of work. Great job......but I can see that dust from Jersey lol! J/k!!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shit ton of work. Great job......but I can see that dust from Jersey lol! J/k!!
I know, I’ll have to open it up again I’m sure. Oh well. I have it down pat now. The first lens I installed this morning was the wrong one, it was off the other set of lights that I was using as a mock up. I thought something seemed wrong, it was scratched kinda bad and then I saw the logo wasn’t Depo. I looked in the other room and both Depo lenses were still in there. F**k. So I opened it up again, cleaned everything again and baked the Depo lens on. Later, on the same light, is when I made the dust mistake. Right after I made sure it was perfectly clean for the second time. Then to top it off, one of the teeny tiny screws that hold the bulb mounting clip to the projector fell. Inside the projector. I couldn’t see it, I could hear it when I shook the light though. For awhile. Then it quit moving. F**k again. I was about to give up on finding it but decided to take a cue from you Tony- I whacked the shit out of the headlight. It started moving, and then I got it to bounce down onto the lens where I fished it out of one of the turn signal bulb holes with a telescoping magnet. It was a rough morning. I wanted to give up. :mad:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know, I’ll have to open it up again I’m sure. Oh well. I have it down pat now. The first lens I installed this morning was the wrong one, it was off the other set of lights that I was using as a mock up. I thought something seemed wrong, it was scratched kinda bad and then I saw the logo wasn’t Depo. I looked in the other room and both Depo lenses were still in there. F**k. So I opened it up again, cleaned everything again and baked the Depo lens on. Later, on the same light, is when I made the dust mistake. Right after I made sure it was perfectly clean for the second time. Then to top it off, one of the teeny tiny screws that hold the bulb mounting clip to the projector fell. Inside the projector. I couldn’t see it, I could hear it when I shook the light though. For awhile. Then it quit moving. F**k again. I was about to give up on finding it but decided to take a cue from you Tony- I whacked the shit out of the headlight. It started moving, and then I got it to bounce down onto the lens where I fished it out of one of the turn signal bulb holes with a telescoping magnet. It was a rough morning. I wanted to give up. :mad:
I was just busting your chops Mark. You do great work and it appears you have the patience of a saint--I DO NOT! When all else fails--SMACK THE HELL OUT OF IT! Agsin--great job Mark :waytogo:

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well shit. I was thinking about the fact I’m planning on opening one of the headlights back up due to the dust. So of course I’m thinking is there anything else I’d like to do while this is happening and of course there is. I regret not spending the money on etching the lenses so they all match. The bulb color is easily changed to match. The projector etching isn’t and since I’m gonna open one up, I’ll open them both up and replace the Acmes with new Acmes with 6000k bulbs that are etched to match the Morimotos. It cost me the same as just plain Morimoto projectors. $40 for the Acmes, $110 for etching, and I ordered another pair of 6000k bulbs so I know they will all match. Gonna get these bitches right one way or another. Another $180 into these expensive things. Oh well. I just got the rest of my stimmy after the IRS processed my 2020 tax return and my income level dropped below the threshold. Yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63