Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the new rear bumper pad installed today. This time around, I ignored the VIN when ordering it so I could get the one without rear park assist sensors so the 2 holes for them weren't there. The truck originally had them according to the RPO's. I used blue tape to mark where the clips are on the bottom side so I knew where to stick a plastic tool in and push on them until they snap down. I learned this trick the last time I installed these pieces. You can't just push down on them and hope they go in or you'll f them up. I also re-did the spare tire hoist cover, and although I experimented with deleting it altogether, that looked worse so I just remounted the thing with the new cover on. I also repainted the metal license plate trim and added black mounting screws and plastic push clips. Before and after pics.IMG_9337.JPG IMG_9484.JPG IMG_9486.JPG IMG_9487.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installation complete on the tail lights. They came with new harnesses that run all the way to the rear wiring panel and load resistor packs. I didn't care for the wiring on the resistors so I desoldered them, added heat shrink, and reinforced the connections with extra solder. The sockets for the backup lights sucked at first until I tightened up the tabs inside them. then after all was done, the right marker wasn't working so I started troubleshooting, thinking it was the light or harness, but it was a fuse. I'll get some night shots soon. I think I like them. I ordered a 3rd brake light, kind of matches since it has a couple bars in it. F3D44DCD-D458-43B7-865B-26076AC8E29F.jpeg81B3DB15-FE01-47D4-96BE-D7CCC70FB779.jpeg65669011-6A80-45CA-B738-69EDA7242400.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Installation complete on the tail lights. They came with new harnesses that run all the way to the rear wiring panel and load resistor packs. I didn't care for the wiring on the resistors so I desoldered them, added heat shrink, and reinforced the connections with extra solder. The sockets for the backup lights sucked at first until I tightened up the tabs inside them. then after all was done, the right marker wasn't working so I started troubleshooting, thinking it was the light or harness, but it was a fuse. I'll get some night shots soon. I think I like them. I ordered a 3rd brake light, kind of matches since it has a couple bars in it. View attachment 227924View attachment 227925View attachment 227926
They're really nice.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Installation complete on the tail lights. They came with new harnesses that run all the way to the rear wiring panel and load resistor packs. I didn't care for the wiring on the resistors so I desoldered them, added heat shrink, and reinforced the connections with extra solder. The sockets for the backup lights sucked at first until I tightened up the tabs inside them. then after all was done, the right marker wasn't working so I started troubleshooting, thinking it was the light or harness, but it was a fuse. I'll get some night shots soon. I think I like them. I ordered a 3rd brake light, kind of matches since it has a couple bars in it. View attachment 227924View attachment 227925View attachment 227926

Fit the truck perfectly. Nice choice.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New wheels and brake lights look great. Nice way to offload the old wheels to the original owner.
Still looking badass man!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu