Refinish headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get everything removed so it only takes a few minutes to drop it the final bit.
Drive there and finish the drop.
Or cut some 1x2 to kind of hold it up for delivery and pick up.
This is not Rocket science. OH! Wait! Rocket Man......
:p

A piece of wood on the back seat with a T type bar and one in the rear will do the job.
If you use my idea? I'll be needing $25.00.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get everything removed so it only takes a few minutes to drop it the final bit.
Drive there and finish the drop.
Or cut some 1x2 to kind of hold it up for delivery and pick up.
This is not Rocket science. OH! Wait! Rocket Man......
:p

A piece of wood on the back seat with a T type bar and one in the rear will do the job.
If you use my idea? I'll be needing $25.00.
I have a $7.35 credit. You know, from the shipping on that mic I’m sending you.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering how to get the headliner from my Denali to an upholstery shop when it’s so damn huge that it takes up the entire inside? Drive with it laying on top of my head? That’s sure to get some laughs out of people who see me. Anybody done this, let me know how you figured it out.
IMO drive the denali to the shop, take it out there, drop it off and take the denali back up there when it's done.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Get a quote from an upholstery shop on ...
  • How much to have them do the entire job.
  • How much if you pull the headliner and bring it to them to refurb.
  • How much if you pull the headliner and scrape it clean from all the old adhesive and foam.
It's all about the glue the shops use and properly applying it with a system they know will stand the test of time. Headliners are something you only want to do once. It they're not done to spec, they diminish the vehicles value and comfort.

I guarantee that if you pull the headliner, drop it off to be recovered and stick some hush mat up on the roof while you're waiting, you will fall in love with your truck all over again. It makes that big a difference in noise level, ascetics and new car smell.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to laugh my ass off if anybody thinks sound deadening is gonna make a bit of difference on The Beast unless the engine isn’t running in which case it doesn’t matter. You’d have to ride in it to fully understand I guess. Let’s see...Supercharged 6.0, cammed, longtubes with straight pipes...I can’t even hear the whine of the damn Whipple lmao. But it sure does sound badass.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Joann fabrics. They have headliner material there, it's the EXACT same color as my truck and very in-expensive. However, it's also the exact same with as the ceiling (not counting the curves in the headliner). Anybody used this stuff from Joann before? Is it intended to stretch?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most lightweight materials can stretch. You don't wanna stretch headliner material, though. The fabric has a weave pattern to it that will look like crap everywhere it's pulled. It's intended to be laid into place with very minimal pulling for the curved areas. There are plenty of other materials that can be stretched without it showing in the grain/weave.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I went to Joann fabrics. They have headliner material there, it's the EXACT same color as my truck and very in-expensive. However, it's also the exact same with as the ceiling (not counting the curves in the headliner). Anybody used this stuff from Joann before? Is it intended to stretch?
Used it in my t-top GN, came out pretty good. I didn't really need to stretch it much, only around the coat hook area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE