Refinish headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
I've recovered the front section of the headliner in my suburban with a foam-backed micro-suede material that looks really nice. I'll snap some pictures shortly.

I've done my old Saab using the same stuff and it held up well for the years I had it until it was totaled (Insurance adjuster noted the unusually nice headliner)...

I have had no problems with the 3M spray adhesive. As long as used per the instructions it should be fine. Has lasted years in Texas heat.

Good preparation is paramount, when you peel off the old fabric, a lot of the foam (which is the part that ends up failing in the first place) will remain on the headliner board. Make sure all traces of that is removed before you put your new headliner on.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are these two things about?... the one us under driver side visor. the other clipped to rear hvac controls.

also how do you take off the reat hvac control pannel?
0bbcf3f733a1fd21dfc92db53267f1d4.jpg
9993d86d83dfd7a0ba9bc4c68b80196e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are these two things about?... the one us under driver side visor. the other clipped to rear hvac controls.

0bbcf3f733a1fd21dfc92db53267f1d4.jpg
9993d86d83dfd7a0ba9bc4c68b80196e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
The lower pic is your Onstar mic, other is I believe an aspirator or thermostat for the HVAC. The rear HVAC panel just slides out, it has a tab in each side so if you slide a small flat screwdriver on the side it pushes the tab in to release it while you pull back on the panel.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
If you are talking about the whole "pod" that the rear hvac controls and map lights are mounted in I believe mine had a screw in the front, right by the arm for the rear view mirror. Once that is removed it just pops out.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the whole "pod" that the rear hvac controls and map lights are mounted in I believe mine had a screw in the front, right by the arm for the rear view mirror. Once that is removed it just pops out.
He said the rear panel, not the one up front by the mirror.