Questions about AFM delete tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$650 is around what custom tunes cost. For deleting AFM with a stock, non-AFM cam, you'd just need a stock, non-AFM tune. There's a guy that deletes AFM from the stock tune for $50 but you have to send him your PCM. If you can have your car down for a few days, this would be a cheap start. Then, if you decide to mechanically delete the AFM components later, which I strongly suggest, you would just need the parts swapped out and no tuning will be required. A competent mechanic familiar with the LS engine should be able to handle this and likely for less than what a performance shop would charge.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck has all of the updated AFM parts. Vibrations from engagement are caused by weak or busted engine mounts and or a failing VLOM. Check those out and fix as needed and keep driving it.

On the other hand, the BlackBear tune's greatest benefit is not just turning off AFM but in tuning the transmission, for me anyway.

If you prefer to physically delete the AFM components, you do not need a big fancy lopey cam that will kill your bottom that seems all the rage these days. Crane and Cam Motion and Vinci all have very mild, low lift camshafts that don't even require valve spring changes as their lift is still within the tolerances of the stock springs. Google around here for my posts and others on the subject. I was going to do it but just left the AFM disabled through the tune. Motor and trans run like a dream.

la silver bullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck has all of the updated AFM parts. Vibrations from engagement are caused by weak or busted engine mounts and or a failing VLOM. Check those out and fix as needed and keep driving it.

On the other hand, the BlackBear tune's greatest benefit is not just turning off AFM but in tuning the transmission, for me anyway.

If you prefer to physically delete the AFM components, you do not need a big fancy lopey cam that will kill your bottom that seems all the rage these days. Crane and Cam Motion and Vinci all have very mild, low lift camshafts that don't even require valve spring changes as their lift is still within the tolerances of the stock springs. Google around here for my posts and others on the subject. I was going to do it but just left the AFM disabled through the tune. Motor and trans run like a dream.
So you just tuned the AFM off and that’s it no extra parts like a cam etc?

buck91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For your vehicle, 2013 Yukon 5.3, we can do a single item tune, we will ONLY disable the AFM. That would be $125, and you would have to send in your ECM in and we disable it, and send it back.

Now if you wanted a full tune with AFM disabled within the tune, for that vehicle it would be our AutoCal, you would keep the hardware, the AutoCal will allow us to see your vehicle data and provide custom tune files via email, that option is $599.

This is very interesting to me. My wife has a 2011 ‘hoe in great shape but I’d like to disable the afm. No need for a performance tune on this vehicle. Should I PM for details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is very interesting to me. My wife has a 2011 ‘hoe in great shape but I’d like to disable the afm. No need for a performance tune on this vehicle. Should I PM for details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We would be happy to help. You can email [email protected] or call 877-809-4070, and you could PM as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65