DOD / AFM delete parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JKaechler

JKaechler

Reaction score
Fun fact:

After loading the tune files from BlackBear, I could immediately see that the shift patterns made more sense. Much improved. What I did not expect was to gain 2 MPG! This is on the normal 89 octane mid grade pump gas.

:D

Experiementally, on Thursday afternoon I filled up with the zero ethanol and right away i can tell that the MPG number is lower by 2.5 or 3. I will run thru that tank of gas and go back to mid-grade and verify that the average for that tank is back to the 17.5 that i showed during the two tankfuls after the tune was loaded.

I think a work-commutes after that I will tank up with E85 and see how it does. I dont really expect my 'miles per dollar' to show in favor of E85. Thus far i get the best economic return from mid-grade, and the performance is acceptable on mid-grade as well. But my curiosity forces me to try it out.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fun fact:

After loading the tune files from BlackBear, I could immediately see that the shift patterns made more sense. Much improved. What I did not expect was to gain 2 MPG! This is on the normal 89 octane mid grade pump gas.

:D

Experiementally, on Thursday afternoon I filled up with the zero ethanol and right away i can tell that the MPG number is lower by 2.5 or 3. I will run thru that tank of gas and go back to mid-grade and verify that the average for that tank is back to the 17.5 that i showed during the two tankfuls after the tune was loaded.

I think a work-commutes after that I will tank up with E85 and see how it does. I dont really expect my 'miles per dollar' to show in favor of E85. Thus far i get the best economic return from mid-grade, and the performance is acceptable on mid-grade as well. But my curiosity forces me to try it out.
For your vehicle, the 89/87 octane tune running 89 with ethanol would be best overall. Fuel without ethanol is a lot more likely to ping than the same octane with ethanol. E85 with the 91+ tune should give you a bit more power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan