Question for those that have the Rear Media/Entertainment Package...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malba2366

Reaction score
Thanks for the posts, Mike.

I think I understand what you're saying...see if you agree. With streaming content, the resolution changes as bandwidth changes/stabilizes. The stream may start out at 480, then bump to 1080 or 2160 if bandwidth allows. It's at those changes in resolution that you feel may be causing issues? By forcing the device into a resolution, you remove those transitions. Higher end devices like the Shield upscale, so there's no changes in the resolution as far as the screen/tv is concerned.

I'll try forcing the Roku.

Exactly. Changing resolutions is problematic with a lot of home theater equipment as well. My home theater processor will occasionally act funny when switching between 4k and hd content on netflix. It seems like this may be the problem since the blu ray which is fixed 1080p worked without issue.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you guys for running the traps. Seems like the Miracast doesn't work at all?

My kids have apple devices and we use ROKU is our home. I feel like a ROKU stick is bound to get kicked or broken if sticking out of those HDMI ports. Does running a cord from pad or phone to the USB-C work?

ytechie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure why GM implemented Miracast. Android dropped Miracast support with v6.0, which was released in ***October 2015***.

I bought a couple of these 90 degree HDMI adapters to mitigate the risk of damage to the HDMI ports or devices.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF4G7JC

upload_2020-9-29_9-14-12.png

Great minds think alike. I also bought the 90 degree USB-C adapter: https://amzn.to/2HHMY9Z
And a short cable: https://amzn.to/3jqjACU

Just a heads up with the HDMI adapters. They are 2 different adapters, facing different directions. In other words, even though it's a 2-pack, you can only use one of them.

brentj

Reaction score
Is anyone using built-in support for playing movies off USB thumb drives? I ripped a bunch to a thumb drive in my 2015 but it was worthless because there was no MENU, just the option to jump to the next random (alphabetical?) movie.

If so anyone know how big a thumb drive is supported? I know many devices will not handle a thumb drive over. certain size.

Maybe need to find a USB-powered (rather than 12v which reportedly cuts out every time the car auto starts) video jukebox with cdmi output otherwise

cpayne5

Reaction score
Yes, a couple of us discussed using flash drives earlier in this thread. I'm using a 256GB drive using NTFS (for larger file sizes). 256 is the largest I've tried.

There is a USB-A and USB-C connector in the center console, which are great for hiding the drive(s).

brentj

Reaction score
thanks. Does it give you a menu to choose which file to play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9