Ultimate RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) Setup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guiatarzzan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you mind posting a link to those exact cables you purchased? I can't find any online that look that perfect!
Ya. I will get the links. The biggest issue I has was the adhesive pads. The fire sticks are not left hand and right hand. I had to twist a cable and it wanted to pull it off. But over time I think I forced it to stay. I used a few of the extra pads and made a wedge between the seats until it stayed.

Guiatarzzan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you mind posting a link to those exact cables you purchased? I can't find any online that look that perfect!

This is the angle hdmi cord

This is angle usb c cable

this is usb-c to micro usb for the fire stick power.

With this setup you do get a warning for low power on the fire sticks but they seem to work just fine and they don’t durn off if you forget to turn off the auto stop/start button.
I have not figured out a hard rice and how to transfer movies to it. I ended up getting an unlimited data plan for the year which is cheaper than by the month. We can stream pandora and other things that way. It’s worked really well.

Guiatarzzan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This side worked fine. The other side I wedged liked in the picture until the braided wire lost it’s memory and did not try to pull it off. E34BE843-0C3D-4570-A28B-C38D779C4949.jpegED4ACFA5-ED88-4F90-8065-8F7D3172912F.jpeg

Guiatarzzan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The small little storage pocket on the doors under the handle is a great spot for the remotes.

abhishekd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a new Tahoe this week. Here is my setup. Used velcro mount to stick the FireTv 4k at the bottom. Unfortunately the USB and HDMI ports are faulty. They switch on intermittently and then go dead.A7DB0E89-A08F-4B2D-9C08-22D790C458FD.jpeg

gbirk7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a new Tahoe this week. Here is my setup. Used velcro mount to stick the FireTv 4k at the bottom. Unfortunately the USB and HDMI ports are faulty. They switch on intermittently and then go dead.View attachment 348737
I like the look of that for the fireTV, just to make sure I understand. You are using the usb to power the fireTV, HDMI for video/audio and it's enough power to run it if the usb/hdmi were not faulty. these are greats posts.

Michael Lewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the look of that for the fireTV, just to make sure I understand. You are using the usb to power the fireTV, HDMI for video/audio and it's enough power to run it if the usb/hdmi were not faulty. these are greats post

Michael Lewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First attempt for my 2 Roku Streaming Sticks. I’m going to remove them when not in use (only use on longish trips) so I’m not entirely concerned with perfect cable mgmt.
A0230FBA-3D72-4FEA-8A9F-DE547A524414.jpeg

SLVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe someone can assist. I tried my RSE for the first time. 2021 suburban LT and I hooked up a Chromecast to it. I for some reason can get audio to play in the speakers. Only when I put my iPhone in airplane mode it works ? Thanks

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
About to order a 2022, I can’t believe there is no DVD player anymore. Two questions….

If you have a usb flash drive plugged in, can you select the movie and start it for a 5 and 2 year old in the back from the driver seat?

Can you not get a read and write player from Amazon and just plug it in as a stand alone DVD player?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01