Oil life %... How accurate is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
USPS decided that they were tired from all the work Santa had them doing and didn't get my oil to Blackstone on Friday like they originally told me so I guess it will be after Christmas.... hopefully.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

shofzr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2006 Escalade just hit 263K miles and going strong, i have been doing 15k mike oil changes from the time I got the truck with 70k miles on it.
I reset the oil life twice between oil change. About the time the second reset says it’s time I’m very close to 15k miles.

7a3a48f8ea526b125f34410b3028610a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote: 2006 Escalade just hit 263K miles and going strong, i have been doing 15k mike oil changes from the time I got the truck with 70k miles on it.
I reset the oil life twice between oil change. About the time the second reset says it’s time I’m very close to 15k miles.

shofzr man we got to get one of your valve covers pulled off and get a pic!!!!!!!!!!!! if you are not busy right now lets get this done tonight Holiday or not. Need a pic by Midnight before Santa flies...............

Exciting news I just found out that I can buy Kreen from Kano Labs right here in Nashville, going to get some and put a little bit in the oil right before my next oil change to see if it will dissolve some of the buildup.
IMG_6765.jpg

shofzr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quote: 2006 Escalade just hit 263K miles and going strong, i have been doing 15k mike oil changes from the time I got the truck with 70k miles on it.

shofzr man we got to get one of your valve covers pulled off and get a pic!!!!!!!!!!!! if you are not busy right now lets get this done tonight Holiday or not. Need a pic by Midnight before Santa flies...............

Exciting news I just found out that I can buy Kreen from Kano Labs right here in Nashville, going to get some and put a little bit in the oil right before my next oil change to see if it will dissolve some of the buildup.
View attachment 212835

I haven’t needed to pull the valve covers yet, How about under the valley cover, that was done around 230k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkcf72ce2c0ee2d16654ff906b2892166b.jpg

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man awesome pic (you know I was just messin wit u on pulling a valve cover LOL) That buildup is about the same as my valve cover and probably not anything to worry about? I think the previous owner of my recently acquired nearly 200k unit was also using extended oil change intervals. What we need is someone that has changed oil religiously every 5000 miles or sooner to pull a valley cover or valve cover and lets see what the difference is. I suspect tnat even at 5000 miles or less oil change intervals that there will be some buildup. No way with piston ring blow by that there will not be "some" sticky crap on the interior of an engine. The big question is how much is too much?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks man awesome pic (you know I was just messin wit u on pulling a valve cover LOL) That buildup is about the same as my valve cover and probably not anything to worry about? I think the previous owner of my recently acquired nearly 200k unit was also using extended oil change intervals. What we need is someone that has changed oil religiously every 5000 miles or sooner to pull a valley cover or valve cover and lets see what the difference is. I suspect tnat even at 5000 miles or less oil change intervals that there will be some buildup. No way with piston ring blow by that there will not be "some" sticky crap on the interior of an engine. The big question is how much is too much?

I think you'd see quite a difference in a truck with a catchcan and some regular Kreen treatments.

shofzr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

[emoji23]yeah I know you were fooling around [emoji1783]

How much is to much is the question for sure, I’m not too worried about it, but I am curious to see the difference in a shorter change interval.

Cheers,
Adrian

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Still waiting on the USPS to deliver my oil sample to Blackstone.... I sure hope they haven't lost it... I still have some of the oil sample I saved in the jar but I would have to wait on Blackstone to send me another sample kit.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert

View attachment 212835

Yikes! dont add anything to this success story, 263k and still going strong! imagine a cardio doc telling a patient they have 90 year old placque buildup in their arteries and he is going to prescribe a chemical that will get them all loosened up and moving through the system?

shofzr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yikes! dont add anything to this success story, 263k and still going strong! imagine a cardio doc telling a patient they have 90 year old placque buildup in their arteries and he is going to prescribe a chemical that will get them all loosened up and moving through the system?

You are so right!! I was thinking the build up inside is probably keeping it sealed, because I have no oil leaks ( knock on wood)[emoji51][emoji1374]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA