Oil life %... How accurate is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always let my truck warm up too. I noticed a tad bit of seafoam has helped my lifter noise. I only put perhaps a tbsp in the oil. I will change it shortly at which point i may put about a cup of it in there and idle it for 30 minutes or so then change the oil.

My daily driver car is a bit differrnt. I am not quite as kind to it. But i dont drive any of them hard.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I always let my truck warm up too. I noticed a tad bit of seafoam has helped my lifter noise. I only put perhaps a tbsp in the oil. I will change it shortly at which point i may put about a cup of it in there and idle it for 30 minutes or so then change the oil.

My daily driver car is a bit differrnt. I am not quite as kind to it. But i dont drive any of them hard.

Prior to changing the oil pump I had a terrible lifter tick but only after the engine was up to temperature.

I ran some Kreen in the oil for about the last 500 miles of an OCI and that virtually eliminated the lifter tick.

Kreen is much more effective than Seafoam IMO.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prior to changing the oil pump I had a terrible lifter tick but only after the engine was up to temperature.

I ran some Kreen in the oil for about the last 500 miles of an OCI and that virtually eliminated the lifter tick.

Kreen is much more effective than Seafoam IMO.
Never heard of kreen where do you buy it?

The tbsp of seafoam made my lifter noise much better. But i need to run some more prior to changing oil.

Curious what causes the tick... do the springs wear out insode the lifters? I assume the have a spring in them.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Never heard of kreen where do you buy it?

The tbsp of seafoam made my lifter noise much better. But i need to run some more prior to changing oil.

Curious what causes the tick... do the springs wear out insode the lifters? I assume the have a spring in them.

Kreen is one of many great products made by Kano labs and is only available online and unfortunately for some they will not/cannot ship to Comifornia... so that alone should tell you it is some good stuff. When you order they will often send you a "free" bottle or can of some of there other products to try out. Kroil is an absolutely awesome penetrating oil.

From my understanding the lifters tick because the oil passages that feed oil to the lifters get dirty and the oil pressure is reduced so cleaning out the gunk should stop it.

Also the newer VLOM is supposedly a better design so as to provide better flow to the AFM lifters.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kreen is one of many great products made by Kano labs and is only available online and unfortunately for some they will not/cannot ship to Comifornia... so that alone should tell you it is some good stuff. When you order they will often send you a "free" bottle or can of some of there other products to try out. Kroil is an absolutely awesome penetrating oil.

From my understanding the lifters tick because the oil passages that feed oil to the lifters get dirty and the oil pressure is reduced so cleaning out the gunk should stop it.

Also the newer VLOM is supposedly a better design so as to provide better flow to the AFM lifters.

Never heard of this stuff. Just finished doing some reading on it across various forums. Might give it a shot just before my next oil change.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Just thought I would update this thread...

Oil was changed on the Burb over the weekend. We saved some oil in a glass jar because the oil sample kit had not arrived from Blackstone yet.

Their kit arrived Monday. I filled the bottle and filled out the info.

M1 5w30 15k mile ext performance oil with 13k miles on it was sent to Blackstone labs via USPS on Tuesday morning. Tracking shows ETA of Friday.

I paid the extra $10 for the TBN to check the additives package to see if hypothetically I could run the oil longer, not that I plan to, just out of curiosity.

So I/we may have some results by this weekend.

I will keep you guys posted as to the results.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oil was changed on the Burb over the weekend. We saved some oil in a glass jar because the oil sample kit had not arrived from Blackstone yet.

M1 5w30 15k mile ext performance oil with 13k miles on it was sent to Blackstone labs via USPS on Tuesday morning. Tracking shows ETA of Friday.

I paid the extra $10 for the TBN to check the additives package to see if hypothetically I could run the oil longer, not that I plan to, just out of curiosity.

Oh wow that is really cool. Cannot wait to hear what you find.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow thanks for taking the time and $ to do this. 13k miles ehh? Definitely interested to know how it turns out. I always go with the Mobil 1 with the blue sticker (High mileage) but will gladly change if this comes back positive :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st